Awning Deal !!

The Lawtons

Went to the Manchester caravan Show yesterday already having decided on an NR Executive awning. At the Glossop caravans stand we were shown a weight comparison between alloy and steel. ....no contest! Alloy it has to be!

Direct from NR our 19' would be £570 in total and Glossop charged us £545 with free delivery!!! We only had to pay a deposit and then pay the rest whenever we need the awning. Can recommend both NR and Glossop highly!

Now we just need to collect our new Bailey Champagne next Saturday!!

Mick, Lydia and Kids

I'm very pleased you found good service from Glossop Caravans. We are to collect our new caravan at the end of Feb. We went to their stand Saturday to ask a question about the warranty,as soon as the sales people we ask realised they could not make a sale, they pointed to the person who could answer our query, then without letting the guy know we wanted to speak to him, deserted us. Giving us the impression that "we've got your money, we arn't interested in you any more. The only salesman that was concerned was the one working on the Ace stand, he apologised on their behalf, but he shouldn't have needed to. I look foward with trepidation to the level of service we will get when we go to collect our caravan. :angry:

I'm very pleased you found good service from Glossop Caravans.   We are to collect our new caravan at the end of Feb. We went to their stand Saturday to ask a question about the warranty,as soon as the sales people we ask realised they could not make a sale, they pointed to the person who could answer our query, then without letting the guy know we wanted to speak to him, deserted us. Giving us the impression that "we've got your money, we arn't interested in you any more. The only salesman that was concerned was the one working on the Ace stand, he apologised on their behalf, but he shouldn't have needed to. I look foward with trepidation to the level of service we will get when we go to collect our caravan. :angry:

5853[/snapback]

Following mr december along the lines of customer service we have just bought at the show. We chose to deal with Moorland Leisue and have ordered our first van. The service we got from Moorland was brilliant, (they were on the Fleetwood stand) They were so helpful and our conversations were completely un-pressurised, they were terrific. During the past few months we've visited a few dealers and found ourselves under varying amounts of pressure, "waht can I do to get the business today" sort of attitude. Sorry that doesn't work for me. ..I sense pressure and run a mile!!!!! I hope soemone from GC becomes aware of mr decembers posting and has the good grace to call hime and put his mind at rest.

Guest john1215

Isn't this what the sales persons are there for though. They hover around looking to jump in when possible but are normally sent with their tails wagging when I reply, No thanks, we're just looking. I think it just goes with the territory, they have a job to do same as anyone else.

You'll more than likely get a similar response from GC sales people whereas the service department will be a different ball game.

john1215

Isn't this what the sales persons are there for though. They hover around looking to jump in when possible but are normally sent with their tails wagging when I reply, No thanks, we're just looking. I think it just goes with the territory, they have a job to do same as anyone else.

You'll more than likely get a similar response from GC sales people whereas the service department will be a different ball game.

john1215

6015[/snapback]

Yes i'm sure you are right in most cases, and that is the problem with commissioned based sales. ...but that's a different discussion! As someone who is clearly experienced in 'caravan matters' you may have more confidence when dealing with the pushy sales man than soemone who is looking for the first time.

One of the values of forums like this (whether its caravans, cars or cameras) is that novices or newbys (such as myself) get to share the experiences and advice of the more expeienced mambers of the forum.

I would seriously re-consider the alloys poles on a 19 ' caravan. Yes there is a big weight difference but most manufacturers do not recommend alloy poles on anything over 900 cm. Alloy poles may no stand up to strong winds on a large awning and I am sure that there are many others that would agree with me. Godd luck with your purchase.

Guest john1215
Yes i'm sure you are right in most cases, and that is the problem with commissioned based sales. ...but that's a different discussion! As someone who is clearly experienced in 'caravan matters' you may have more confidence when dealing with the pushy sales man than soemone who is looking for the first time.

One of the values of forums like this (whether its caravans, cars or cameras) is that novices or newbys (such as myself)  get to share the experiences and advice of the more expeienced mambers of the forum.

6047[/snapback]

Re more confidence I'd have to say that I'm as gullible as can be but what I will say is that if I forget to ask something or think of something important, my wife is there to add her twopenneth, we're a forbidable team!!

john1215