Subscription To Website

Guest iank

Guest iank

Hi,

Just had a look at a site called "caravanownersclub" and to join you have to pay an annual subscription of £10 to view the website. They list a load of benefits but I think I am better off asking people on this and other forums for advice or opinions. To date comments have been invaluable and saved me money. I wonder how many subscribers and have and how long this web site is going to last?

Cheers,

Ian

I wouldn't pay for the site.

Get all the same advice on various boards without paying.

There is other ways we can help the site by clicking onto the sponsors sites and so on.

Guest iank

I give them 6 months at the outside. As you say there are more informative websites and they also arrange rallies or meets. I think it used to be the hobby owners site. See http://www. thecaravanownersclub. co. uk/index. php I don't think it will be as popular as Caravan talk or a number of other forums. Once you have a look, click on one of the sponsor links on this page.

Whilst £10. 00 per annum is not a significant amount, as long as other Forums exist, it would need to be really special to attract members in my opinion.

After all, why pay for something that you can have free elsewhere?

I am new to this site but have learnt more in the last few days than you could believe. All your questions seem to attract intreast and bring out a whole lot of wisodm and expierience. Why pay for a service when its here for all to help with.

Keep it in the caravaning family i say.

Would you charge your kids for help with their homwork?????????

Bill

:blink:

Some sites I've used have a membership charge to reduce down the risk of trolling, doesn't seem to be a problem on this site though. Allied to the membership fee comes "club" membership, and discounts in certain retailers.

I suppose there are two circumstances where you might consider paying to belong to a forum to do with our hobby.

a) All other forums charged membership

B) A forum had a lot of exclusive information that made the sub worthwhile.

As I am sure admin will tell you its not free to run a forum such as this. There are two ways to finance forums sponsorship or subscription. Unless of course the owner of the forum is so rich money does not come into it!!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

There is another forum that I use, and to say it is underused is an understatment. This forum is the best, in my opinion, bar none.

Would I pay? No. If Powertouch remove sponsorship then so be it.

There seems to be a website culture that draws you in then charge you for services, though I don't level that accusation at this site,

Ian.

Archived