Still Waiting For Adria 542uk

Ordered my altea 542uk at the start of february and was promised that it would be here for the middle to the end of march. .......now the start of may and still waiting. Has this happened anybody else and if so what should I be saying to the dealer when I go to collect it. First time buying a caravan and unsure if I should be trying to get more discount or accessories. I have already lost 1 weeks worth of leave,as dealer continued to promise that I would have van for easter, along with £80 for site fees for easter. All advice will be very much appreciated.

Cheers Dazza

Dazza hope you get sorted soon

I took delivery of my 542uk in March I ordered at Earls court delivery did slip but didn't bother me as I didn't plan to use the van until Easter. It seems to me that most manufacturers have proplems meeting delivery dates, you just need to keep the pressure on and maybe push for a few extras, and hope for the best.

Ade

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
:D Well we headed out for the first time on friday and had a brilliant weekend, the van was just what we hoped it would be and the fact that there was no oven or grill was not a problem. Got one of the new PDQ awnings but didn't feel that i needed to put it up this trip but will be putting it up next week as we are away for a fortnight. Only thing is can anybody tell me when you buy new should you get a handbook like the one you get with a car or is just booklets on all the equipment, also the CRiS numbers are engraved on the windows but I have not got the registration certificate yet does that come in the post or do i have to apply for it or does the dealer provide it. This is our first caravan so excuse my ignorance.

Hi Dazza,

Pleased to hear your first trip out in the new van was a success B)

The CRiS certificate will be sent to you in the post once your dealer has filled in their portion of the document and returned it to CRiS for processing - ours took 6 months to arrive as our dealer held on to ours until they had a decent batch to send back. I did call CRiS about this at the time and they told me there would be no problem as the van details and CRiS number are logged by the dealer in their name.

Regarding the manual you should have been given one at handover and also a service schedule booklet in addition to the fitted equipment manuals you already have.

Steve

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

• 2 weeks later...

Must admit, the manual is very 'general'.

It seems to cover a range of models so whilst it is useful, it's hard work to find what you want.

I got a pack from my dealer with all the specific manuals along with the Adria manual, the CRiS documents came several weeks later.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad you're pleased with the 'van. Our 502DK has given us much pleasure, and the lack of oven or grill doesn't bother us one bit as we bought a £20 oven from Lidl and have a George Foreman and Toaster!!

Job done!

Enjoy your 'van and bask in the compliments that people will invariably give you about it!!

Sharon

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody