Sign in to follow this  
SteveMLewis

Awning Furniture

We have just bought a second hand awning which is in great condition. We have been trying to find a plastic table and 4 chairs, the good old patio sets that you used to get with stackable chairs. Why has everybody gone so upmarket and posh??? can't find anywhere that sells them.

I don't want to spend over £100 on tables and chairs that will be used for possibly two holidays a year.

Would love to know what you all use and any advice on purchases.

Thanks

Just had a look on ebay under plastic garden furniture,and there are plenty! ;)

Yes I'd like to know what tables people have as well, I've bought some of these to sit on http://www. duncancamping. co. uk/isabella-comfort-chair-7988-p. asp and need a decent table but don't want to spend £90 on one - just on principal really!

post-55551-0-92170300-1396992186_thumb.jpg

Just had a look on ebay under plastic garden furniture,and there are plenty! ;)

There are a few. ..miles away from us and will shoot up in price as the auction finishes. I don't call ratten furniture plastic especially at £349. 00 a set.

Would love to know if you can still buy a table and four chairs for around £50.

And Argos!! :)

Wilkinson's have them . ..

low-back white chairs and high-back green chair.

And a table.

John

Thanks John didn't think of Wilko's.

And Argos!! :)

Did have a quick look at Argos but thought it was too expensive (oh I'm so tight. ...must be the OH rubbing off on me lol) :blink:

Why buy a table at all ? does your van not come with a free standing one ?. We simply take ours out of the van & put it in the awning, then use same chairs as sleepyfolk as these double up as loungers outside in the sun.

Yes I did say sun. .............. I remember it from when I was a lad :D

We just use a table from inside our van (not the original one as bought one slightly bigger, but we do have a side dinette as well I guess

I would also check out any cheap plastic table for solidity when eating! All I remember about the cheap green or white ones was they aren't the most solid when you cut into your pork chops and spill your cold beer everywhere :)

Why buy a table at all ? does your van not come with a free standing one ?. We simply take ours out of the van & put it in the awning, then use same chairs as sleepyfolk as these double up as loungers outside in the sun.

Yes I did say sun. .............. I remember it from when I was a lad :D

Blimey Les----------are you that old!! :D:D

We just use a table from inside our van (not the original one as bought one slightly bigger, but we do have a side dinette as well I guess

I would also check out any cheap plastic table for solidity when eating! All I remember about the cheap green or white ones was they aren't the most solid when you cut into your pork chops and spill your cold beer everywhere :)

Liquidised food for everyone it is then. .......can't spill my cider :D

Another vote for using the stand-a-lone table from the caravan.