Which Caravan Mover ? ? ?

a18041967

Following the Earls Court Show we have decided to purchase a mover, so my question is, which one is best and how much should I expect to pay at the NEC show in February?

My current favourite is the Powermover, which they were selling on Ebay for £750 + £60 fitting. ...

Sorry, yes you are correct it was the PowerTouch

http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/ws/eBayISAPI. dll?Vie. ..bayphotohosting

5859[/snapback]

In my opinion, this is what you should go for. I fitted one six months ago and it´s great.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

That's a good question. I looked all over the internet etc to see which one to go for. Talking to different people, you will always get different advice.

However, I have found out that the best one available is the one that the person you are talking to has had fitted to their van!

We decided to go for the Powrtouch and ordered it from a recent show. When we phoned Powrproducts and asked about discounts the told us to visit a show for the best offer and even told us where and when the nearest one to us was.

We went fot the Powrtouch Single Heavy Duty Model 3 with fitting and the Powrbar for around £950.

It was the 5 year guarantee the help swing it.

Regards

Trevor

Just back from G Mex Powrtouch were quoting £995 for the heavy duty model, with cross over bar and £850ish for standard model to match Reich. They say same offer will be available at NEC

Had a Powrtouch fitted end of November last year to my Pageant Provence. Choose the Heavy Duty model so that it would fit any future 'van. Wouldnt be without it.

:D

Had a Powrtouch fitted end of November last year to my Pageant Provence.    Choose the Heavy Duty model so that it would fit any future 'van.   Wouldnt be without it.

5992[/snapback]

I am due to collect my pageant provence. Considering the powrmover heavy duty model. Can you tell me the battery size. I've been told you need the 110 amp version.

If so does the battery fit in the caravans battery locker?

I too have the passat TDi 130 estate how do you find it towing the provence?

I am due to collect my pageant provence. Considering the powrmover heavy duty model. Can you tell me the battery size. I've been told you need the 110 amp version.

6419[/snapback]

Hi ray m

You do need a 110 amp battery

When we colleted our Bailey champers we took the 110 amp battery,

,When connecting the battery,, the battery its placed on the floor (the cables are long ),as we had a mover fitted there are 2 red live cables and 2 black negatives, the cables are not fine stranded copper cored, therfore quite stiff, then the batery is lifted into the battery box there is only just room for the cables and the battery its a very tight fit

We also had quick release spring clamps fitted standard clamps use a nut and bolt

Dave

Ray M

I did fit a 110 amp battery as I only had an 80 amp in the 'van. Battery fits in the Provence fine.

As for towing with the Passat - I only had the Passat last Friday and the towbar is being fitted on Wednesday. Should be off for the weekend this coming weekend so I will let you know. I had been towing the Provence with a Toledo - power not a problem but probably towing with 100% although it was very stable.

Normally go away every weekend but have had an enforced break since beginning of Jan due to wanting to transfer a registration plate to the Passat.

Guest john1215

6419[/snapback]

Ray,

The passat is an excellent towcar - have a look around in Towcar Talk, there are 5 or 6 members with Passats in there.

John1215