Sign in to follow this  
SteveE53

Red Pennant

It seems that all Breakdown Organizations write down details of cover for the car but never give any details of cover for a caravan. It would be so advantages to see it in writing.

Dianne

Totally agree, maybe if Carlsberg did breakdown insurance. .......

Until then, it's keep on searching the small print and asking for written confirmation.

There appears to nothing in the link that gives details of European repatriation. Where exactly can it be found or can you cut and paste the appropriate section please?

I thought I had posted the link to the PDF for the policy .

You have to read the whole policy for the terms as well as the EU section .

http://www. greenflag. com/downloads/breakdown_cover_terms. pdf?v=1

Dave

Having read the above, there is a section that would concern me. It's on P11 and relates to their definitions. The last paragraph mentions the caravan being covered if it breaks down when being pulled by your car!

For that very reason we take out Red Pennant - Green Flag doesn't specifically say that if something happens to the caravan when on site that they will attend and we're not prepared to take the risk.

Edited by Glen and Les

Having read the above, there is a section that would concern me. It's on P11 and relates to their definitions. The last paragraph mentions the caravan being covered if it breaks down when being pulled by your car!

For that very reason we take out Red Pennant - Green Flag doesn't specifically say that if something happens to the caravan when on site that they will attend and we're not prepared to take the risk.

Also the 100% ruling were a car empty must be more than the caravan loaded. .

they seem to come up with different ideas to wriggle out ?

Even the RP and Arrival have conditions . Arrival I noticed if you breakdown while out in the car the caravans has to be within a radius of 75 miles to reunite it .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Just on that point it may be of interest to know that this happened to me in Spain, my van had been on site for a week when I noticed that I had a flat tyre (behind the awning mudwall), I could not get the wheel nuts off, and I bent 2 wheel braces in the process, so I phoned ADAC, within 25 minutes there was a breakdown truck at the site reception, no problem at all, just for info.

Phil.

Just on that point it may be of interest to know that this happened to me in Spain, my van had been on site for a week when I noticed that I had a flat tyre (behind the awning mudwall), I could not get the wheel nuts off, and I bent 2 wheel braces in the process, so I phoned ADAC, within 25 minutes there was a breakdown truck at the site reception, no problem at all, just for info. Phil.

Phil, that's encouraging. Maybe there are more people out there who've suffered misfortunes and been helped? I hate paying for Red Pennant when we have other forms of cover that may do the job, but - you never know!

Glen.

Hi folks

Having taken heed of some of the kind advice offered in this post, thanks to all, I thought fair to pass on my findings to you for your information. I contacted Green Flag and asked 3 specific questions as follows:

1. When speaking to Michelle to arrange cover, I was told that my caravan,
which is 7. 313m long including "A Frame" but has a body length of well
under 7 metres is covered for breakdown and recovery in the UK and in
Europe under the policy.

2. I was also told by Michelle, that the caravan was covered for recovery,
when not attached to the car, ie if we're away from the campsite in our car
and it breaks down, the caravan will still be recovered/repatriated if this
is necessary.

3. I called to clarify a point about our pet dog, who will be travelling
with us usually and whenever we take the caravan will be allowed to be
taken with us in any breakdown/recovery vehicle sent whether in the UK or
Europe.

I received the following response, the next working day from Green Flag:

"Dear Sir

Thank you for your E-mail, In regards to your first two points involving
the caravan what you were told on the telephone with Michele is correct the
caravan would be covered.

With regards to your pet dog it is down to the recovery drivers discretion
on weather the dog can travel in the recovery vehicle".

I think these are fair answers and have allayed certain fears which I had. As for our dog, we'll sort the situation if required.