Sign in to follow this  
TimDev

Eterniti Caravans In Administration

Facebook page would be a good idea. I'm not sure how to go about this though!

I usually find you have to ask a 12 year old, for help with stuff like that.

Matt I think it would be a great idea to get all e-mail address together. Mine is jamesladell@live. co. ukMatt I have just posted my e-mail address on here too. Would be good to get as many e-mail addresses as possible.

Mine is peat. a@sky. com

Who lives close to the factory and report on what;s behind the locked gates?

Having been on the receiving end of LTD companies going down owing money /goods my best advice is to get down there if your van is in there and stay put !

This place is right on my doorstep too, will keep a watchful eye on and keep posted.

I wonder how many completed vans are locked behind the gates.

Stay online . .................will take a look

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

Stay online . .................will take a look

Ste

Will be on as i can't let this beer get warm.

With regards to the Administrators writing the Company off after only two weeks and then disposing of assets before a viable rescue bid, perhaps petitioning the relevant MP and getting some Press coverage might help to buy a little more time?

Ok Facebook group is up: search for "Eterniti Owners" in Facebook!

With regards to the Administrators writing the Company off after only two weeks and then disposing of assets before a viable rescue bid, perhaps petitioning the relevant MP and getting some Press coverage might help to buy a little more time?

The administrators legal function is to return to the company creditors ( and that includes customers) a better result than if the company were to continue trading. They shouldn't move to liquidation straightaway but if they do it is usually because there are no tradeable assets. IE no stock, no equipment etc.

Ok Facebook group is up: search for "Eterniti Owners" in Facebook!

Can't find it on facebook

The administrators legal function is to return to the company creditors ( and that includes customers) a better result than if the company were to continue trading. They shouldn't move to liquidation straightaway but if they do it is usually because there are no tradeable assets. IE no stock, no equipment etc.

Good post

I'll get the link up tomorrow, difficult to do all on a phone! I also agree to keep everything here, I only set it up so that we have some control should the threads be removed.

I'll get the link up tomorrow, difficult to do all on a phone! I also agree to keep everything here, I only set it up so that we have done control should the threads be removed.

Yes I agree best to keep one place whilst we can.

Still can't believe this has happened!

well nothing in compound has i thought being the situation, will keep posted if i hear of vans being moved out has i know far to many Business in that Estate who have CCTV .

Widnes is a small world so everyone knows everyone Business .

Ste

Edited by kobelcokid

well nothing in compound has i thought being the situation, will keep posted if i hear of vans being moved out has i know far to many Business in that Estate who have CCTV .

Widnes is a small world so everyone knows everyone Business .

Ste

Good to have eyes on the place. Cheers

Hate to say this but . ..............................i could see that coming.

Ste

A number of contributors raised concerns on here a couple of weeks back but without hard facts their suppositions were largely berated as "the doom merchants".

Makes my blood boil to think that they've taken deposits from hard working folk knowing the situation they were in financially and the fact they most likely couldn't honour the orders. As usual the ordinary man in the street loses out. :angry:

Maybe after this, folks will reconsider the size of the deposit they want to risk, when ordering a new or used caravan. It not just the manufacture who can go bust.

Likewise I'm also sorry for anyone caught up in this mess, but I'm also surprised at the size of some deposits Eterniti were asking for.

Edited by Gaz40

All, my sympathies go to all left in a mess. Having been in the similar situation last year when Vanmaster went down can I just say without again being blasted a doom merchant, that the administators will make sure that nothing is left for anyone. The fees that they charge are to the ridiculous. Self regulatory industry!! Due to the fact that my purchase was nearly £40k I wasn't covered by my credit card and was left with a bill of £6k to finish the repairs to my seemingly and CC described luxury bespoke caravan. the previous owners still trade with their other multimillion pound company.

Most on here will be covered if paid at least £100 by credit card due to the purchase price less than £30k.

But who is going to do the technical repairs?. Let's hope that someone buys the company and retains the parts etc. ( the whole setup of van master was purchased for £20k which included stock with a value of £80k also the jigs etc) Someone's idea of a consortium would be a possibility, if just to retain parts.

The vans if any that are in the compound are now the ownership of the administrators regardless of how much deposit has been paid, the vans will be sold presumably to any new investor, if not to the highest bidder.

Don't be fooled into thinking that if you have paid £10k deposit, you will still be able to buy for the outstanding balance. The deposit is gone.

Phil Daniells will have lost money, but will not have lost everything, it was a limited company and this happens all the time, and this unfortunately was unfolding on CT and there was a running commentary.

It is about time that laws were changed to restrict this type of practice of administration protecting the company, the customers need the protection from these unscrupulous companies.

Mike

I'll get the link up tomorrow, difficult to do all on a phone! I also agree to keep everything here, I only set it up so that we have some control should the threads be removed.

We have no plans to remove any Eterniti discussions providing our T&Cs are adhered to, however for your own security we suggest you do not publish personal contact details on the open forum. Our PM facility is available for private communication, but be aware that your inbox has limited capacity.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

All, my sympathies go to all left in a mess. Having been in the similar situation last year when Vanmaster went down can I just say without again being blasted a doom merchant, that the administators will make sure that nothing is left for anyone. The fees that they charge are to the ridiculous. Self regulatory industry!! Due to the fact that my purchase was nearly £40k I wasn't covered by my credit card and was left with a bill of £6k to finish the repairs to my seemingly and CC described luxury bespoke caravan. the previous owners still trade with their other multimillion pound company.

Most on here will be covered if paid at least £100 by credit card due to the purchase price less than £30k.

But who is going to do the technical repairs?. Let's hope that someone buys the company and retains the parts etc. ( the whole setup of van master was purchased for £20k which included stock with a value of £80k also the jigs etc) Someone's idea of a consortium would be a possibility, if just to retain parts.

The vans if any that are in the compound are now the ownership of the administrators regardless of how much deposit has been paid, the vans will be sold presumably to any new investor, if not to the highest bidder.

Don't be fooled into thinking that if you have paid £10k deposit, you will still be able to buy for the outstanding balance. The deposit is gone.

Phil Daniells will have lost money, but will not have lost everything, it was a limited company and this happens all the time, and this unfortunately was unfolding on CT and there was a running commentary.

It is about time that laws were changed to restrict this type of practice of administration protecting the company, the customers need the protection from these unscrupulous companies.

Mike

GUYS,

AS an owner passionate about the brand and idea, why do we not all get together and invest 5-10K in something new, innovative and special.

Bring the business back to life in a smaller way and build it slow.

This ensures we all have access to the parts etc.

I am willing to run the business as a hobby.

Buying the business would be suicide !!!!!!!!!!!

Ste

Buying the business would be suicide !!!!!!!!!!!

Ste

:goodpost: What's gone has gone unfortunately.

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

GUYS,

AS an owner passionate about the brand and idea, why do we not all get together and invest 5-10K in something new, innovative and special.

Bring the business back to life in a smaller way and build it slow.

This ensures we all have access to the parts etc.

I am willing to run the business as a hobby.

Quite simply there is no "business".

The assets, such as they exist, are in the hands of the Administrators. It is looking highly likely that the company will be liquidated.

Recent posts in this and other topics indicate that a lot of the previous goodwill has disappeared with the deposits of those buyers awaiting their caravans.

The previous business appeared to run to fulfil one man's dream and to suggest that a new start up company, because that is what it would be, could be run as a hobby would turn any dream into a nightmare.

The major caravan manufacturers will not have been sitting idly by during lifetime of the Eterniti company and any of them think there is a viable market for slide-outs, though not necessarily sold direct to the end user, any one of them could have a model to market while the embryo phoenix company was trying to draw its first breath.

Edited by DeeTee

Quite simply there is no "business".

The assets, such as they exist, are in the hands of the Administrators. It is looking highly likely that the company will be liquidated.

Recent posts in this and other topics indicate that a lot of the previous goodwill has disappeared with the deposits of those buyers awaiting their caravans.

The previous business appeared to run to fulfil one man's dream and to suggest that a new start up company, because that is what it would be, could be run as a hobby would turn any dream into a nightmare.

The major caravan manufacturers will not have been sitting idly by during lifetime of the Eterniti company and any of them think there is a viable market for slide-outs, though not necessarily sold direct to the end user, any one of them could have a model to market while the embryo phoenix company was trying to draw its first breath.

That is why we have forums everyone is entitled to their opinion…

I tend to disagree with yours. .

The business will be liquidated that is a fact, the deposits are gone, warranties are gone, the suppliers will not be paid but there is a fantastic concept there that needs direction… slowly built it could work.