Sign in to follow this  
TimDev

Eterniti Caravans In Administration

Usually US companies will not honour a warranty on a RV component outside the US . The warranty in the RV industry here relies on the UK dealership for a warranty.

Lippert might be one supplier for the slide parts they supply the major manufacturers. http://www. lci1. com/through-frame-slideout.

This is correct.

Calder Leisure (Alex Sutherland) import a range of Fifth wheels and RVs which have slide outs. I know its early days but encouraging someone who is in the business and already has the contacts in the US to get involved may be a more efficient way of dealing with this if it becomes a supply issue.

Alex might be able to help as he is a good guy and helpful but he only imports the Kontrylite 5th wheels from Allan Campers who build them in the States and same with Koalas . I would of thought he could point you in the right direction or Paul at CCRV . .

Dave

John5.

They are inside the 2 remaining workshops. Around 20 caravans in total.

Let's hope one is mine thanks for that . . Gives me some hope

Good advice. However you may need to act fast I think theres a limit of 120 days, I used this for an E Bay purchase and they start counting from the card transaction date. With Eternitis extended delivery promises this could soon be eaten away.

I did not know about the 120 days, however the guide says "Within 120 days of purchase or expected service provision date" so I am guessing that is the delivery date.

Debts are not a worry now that company is in administration. .

It is someone wants to pick up the business and use the same suppliers who will be unwilling to continue supplying if they are owed money.

It is someone wants to pick up the business and use the same suppliers who will be unwilling to continue supplying if they are owed money.

That is not true the suppliers will do a deal on continued support rather than get nothing.

That is not true the suppliers will do a deal on continued support rather than get nothing.

It all depends on the rescue bid end the end.

Suppliers know they have probably lost the lot.

Most will deal with new potential owners, but on a payment up front basis for the first 2 years until confidence is restored. . . After all, they will be getting business (profit)

Apparently I can collect mine on Monday if I still want it and pay the price agreed. .... I'll consider for 24 hours. ..

I love the vans having seen them but would love comments of all of you who own them

cheers Ian

Hi Ian

What was your order number? if there are 20 vans in the factory maybe one of them has our name on it (we can but hope)

If I was the administrator, I would hold onto ALL the caravans until someone can prove that legally that van is theirs.

He is empowered to accumulate all known assets and get as much for them as possible. He will maintain that everything on site belongs to Eterniti so anyone who left their van there for any reason could have a bit of a battle to get it back.

Do not expect him to just hand anything over. He has to get as much as possible for those that are owed money by the company, and he does not have to be pleasant about it. So act within the law and maybe seek advice if the goods are worth it.

Suppliers know they have probably lost the lot.

Most will deal with new potential owners, but on a payment up front basis for the first 2 years until confidence is restored. . . After all, they will be getting business (profit)

The RV components for the Slides were being built by Eterniti RV and other RV parts for the construction how this is effecting them and their suppliers in the US ? Might not be just over here ? http://www. rvbusiness. com/tag/eterniti-rv/

Dave

Apparently I can collect mine on Monday if I still want it and pay the price agreed. .... I'll consider for 24 hours. ..

I love the vans having seen them but would love comments of all of you who own them

cheers Ian

It is a fantastic van, but based on the posts following collection, there have been minor issues with most which you need to consider. Most of the parts are supplied from uk suppliers e. g. Alde heatng system, Whale water supply etc, but some will be from the US such as the slide out unit and the roof covering which is used in the US.

The other issue is according to the posts today, you will have no warrenty and resale value is an unknown.

Saying that as an owner i am still glad we have bought an Eterniti IB4 and my hope is that we will be able to source parts if and when needed. I am looking at keeeping the van for the foreseeable future as there is nothing else like it around at the moment.

Difficult decision and good luck with it.

We have a ib4 in at eterniti caravans for repair, does anybody know what our legal status is? We just want our van back.

very sad day indeed is an understatement. I purchased me van number 11 for the long haul and most of the parts are standard in the industry.

On another note my friends spoke to the admiistrator at the factory today and were told that all the vans will be passed to an agent for sale so it would be worth watching the threads and future ownerw may be able to purchase their van ordered from this agent.

I know it is not the ideal situation but there is hope.

I personally think a major manufacturer will step in and take over.

Graham

holly

i do not know the exact details but i think if you can prove ownership and there are no outstanding moneys owed then you will be able to get the van back.

Graham

We have a ib4 in at eterniti caravans for repair, does anybody know what our legal status is? We just want our van back.

Contact the administrator ASAP and ask for it back . You should have no problems but you might need your purchase details to show proof of ownership before it is realeased.

Dave

I am afraid you will have a fight on your hands. You will have to prove ownership to the administrator . Might take while to unravel this.

I noticed that the administrators have locked down the forum on the practical caravan website, how much longer before they do that here . What gives them the rights to do that

I noticed that the administrators have locked down the forum on the practical caravan website, how much longer before they do that here . What gives them the rights to do that

They have every right. It is their bat and ball.

The van is legally yours to collect. . copy your invoice and contact the administrator

Hi Ian

we are due to pick our new ib4 up on Tuesday how did you find out that you can still pick yours up on Monday. when did you order your van

thanks

sonya

We have our sales receipts the chassis number and our number plate should still be on the rear, we are sending copies to the administrator, I will keep all informed of progress.

Sad day indeed - really! Maybe for those that have lost there money!

But before anyone considers investing, maybe you should know that Phil Daniels did not sell his Steel business and therefore still owns 70 odd % shares according to a report that I pulled today, so not all was lost for him as some might say!

If I was the administrator, I would hold onto ALL the caravans until someone can prove that legally that van is theirs.

He is empowered to accumulate all known assets and get as much for them as possible. He will maintain that everything on site belongs to Eterniti so anyone who left their van there for any reason could have a bit of a battle to get it back.

Do not expect him to just hand anything over. He has to get as much as possible for those that are owed money by the company, and he does not have to be pleasant about it. So act within the law and maybe seek advice if the goods are worth it.

This is true, just because you paid a deposit doesnt make the van yours. That money has gone and has no bearing at all on the receiver. Their job is to maximise the cash. If there is a £30000 van on site that a £15000 deposit has been paid on, if they can get the full value for it they will.

If your van is in for repair you do not have an automatic right to recover it. It may be as simple as proving ownership but this is often complicated by the legal status of ownership if under finance especially if that was organised through the manufacturer. In any case you would be expected to pay for the work done before it would be released.

My last post towards was for holly

Phil still at eterniti, mixed reports then !

Eterniti do not legally own the vans that are being serviced or repaired

you own those vans as you have already paid for them yourself