France Toll Road Calculator.

Anyone going to France may find this web site www. autoroute-eco. fr useful for calculating toll road costs as it shows all the sorties in Google maps with a easy to use format with clear instructions and options on how to save money by leaving and returning to the autoroute thus paying only for the shorter journeys which are less than the total cost of one long trip.

Not tried it myself yet but off for a few weeks soon so i may give it try then, but i find this site one of the easiest for calculating toll cost.

I have a liber-t badge with APRR which was really easy and cheap to set up so leaving and rejoining is no big deal but each to their own, happy travels everyone.

It's a bit like "split your ticket" on the trains - for example buying a ticking from one town to another, but instead of one ticket, buying two or three showing intermiediate stops!

Well done!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Going next week :-)

Just got a Fairfax cash card and understand they may or may not work at the toll booth. So, if I go in the credit card lane and it doesn't work can I pay cash there or do I have to ask everyone to back up and let me out?

Russ, you never answered my ? :-(

Never and your?????

Pre paid cards are not the greatest in auto booths, (Italy and France in my opinion and experience) so use a lane with an attendant. Backing out would cause chaos of there were a couple of cars behind you etc.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Very rare now to find a lane with an attendant they are nearly all automatic now.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.