Sign in to follow this  
gavsspectrum

Decided To Sell The Caravan Please Tell Anyone You Know

Hi guys decided to sell our much loved and cared for abbey spectrum.

The full description and pictures can be seen on eBay. so tell your friends and family etc,or anyone you know who's looking for a caravan.

Here's the link

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/181359767407?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984. m1586. l2649

Many thanks Gavin

You have made it look absolutely lovely and you should be rightly proud of what you have created! Hope you get a really good price and it's not too big a wrench to part with it.

What a beautiful van, you 've done so much work on it :( you must be sad letting it go. Hope it finds a lovely home :)

Looks nice and modern.

Blue side runner lights? Side Marker lights should be amber.

Dave

Wow - what a fab interior. It looks similar to the new Sterling scheme but for a fraction of the price. Particularly like that bathroom.

You should rent out your services to the caravan industry.

Thanks for the kind comments guys,Murray I'd love to be able to o it or a living but honestly wouldnt know where to start.

Looks nice and modern.

Blue side runner lights? Side Marker lights should be amber.

Dave

Yes i hope you make them legal before selling.

Aww that's a shame, I remember commenting when you did all that work! It's lovely

Yes i hope you make them legal before selling.

or MOT? :)

Dave

Nice van but with respect, and I mean this constructively, it's a flawed selling strategy. If you won't take less than £2500 then ideally the starting price should be £2500. As a long long standing seller on eBay I understand why you haven't done that: the listing fee is too high. And I admire you for having the honesty to tell people what your reserve is: I can never understand those who don't. What's the big secret? However, with an auction strategy I think you just attract dealers and people who want it for way below what it's really worth.

A private buyer (your target customer) will never buy without coming to see the van. And if travel is involved people are reluctant to do that without knowing what they would actually have to pay to get the van. So the auction method restricts you to local buyers. Indeed, anyone who offers to buy without seeing the van will 99 times out of 100 be a scammer.

Put the van on eBay but use their classified advert rather than auction. It lasts for 28 days and you can amend the ad at any time. So say you put it on for 3 grand and after a week your phone hasn't rung, you drop it to £2500. I've sold vans on eBay using this method and I think it is an excellent market place providing your pricing is realistic.

And one last tip: never put "no timewasters" in your ad. It won't stop timewasters (whatever they are, I've never been sure) but it may scare off a genuine punter who will be worried about belligerence if he chooses not to buy.

Using a classified ad I'd be astounded if you couldn't sell a nice van like this.

We always do buy it now price or best offer and everything we've sold has gone for a decent price, most have been brought the same day we listed it as always try to put a realistic price :) Your van should have no problem making £2500 :)

Interesting advice Hernrypartridge - I sell a lot on eBay but I've never thought of using the Classified advert. I will certainly consider it from now on. Thanks

Nice van but with respect, and I mean this constructively, it's a flawed selling strategy. If you won't take less than £2500 then ideally the starting price should be £2500. As a long long standing seller on eBay I understand why you haven't done that: the listing fee is too high. And I admire you for having the honesty to tell people what your reserve is: I can never understand those who don't. What's the big secret? However, with an auction strategy I think you just attract dealers and people who want it for way below what it's really worth.

A private buyer (your target customer) will never buy without coming to see the van. And if travel is involved people are reluctant to do that without knowing what they would actually have to pay to get the van. So the auction method restricts you to local buyers. Indeed, anyone who offers to buy without seeing the van will 99 times out of 100 be a scammer.

Put the van on eBay but use their classified advert rather than auction. It lasts for 28 days and you can amend the ad at any time. So say you put it on for 3 grand and after a week your phone hasn't rung, you drop it to £2500. I've sold vans on eBay using this method and I think it is an excellent market place providing your pricing is realistic.

And one last tip: never put "no timewasters" in your ad. It won't stop timewasters (whatever they are, I've never been sure) but it may scare off a genuine punter who will be worried about belligerence if he chooses not to buy.

Using a classified ad I'd be astounded if you couldn't sell a nice van like this.

I absolutely agree with henry. you should do what he is suggesting. it would be great as the work you've done to this black beauty deserves it.

Nice van, but 2 months to son for us to consider as the current car won't tow it, otherwise I'd seriously consider bidding and sticking ours on ebay.

Nice van, but 2 months to son for us to consider as the current car won't tow it, otherwise I'd seriously consider bidding and sticking ours on ebay.

Hi fatgit

I'm not in a rush to sell it, if you wanted it in 2months I would more than happily old it for you providing you left a deposit.

Let me know wht you think.

Regards

Gavin