Terrible News Regarding Christian Smith

RobJS

Reading this sent shivers down my spine today. You don't know how vulnerable you are out there on the roads.

http://www. telegraph. co. uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/10718506/Death-of-charity-cyclist-Christian-Smith-thousands-donated-to-JustGiving-webpage. html

The thing is, there doesn't seem to be a way of avoiding this. That is apart from giving up cycling.

Thoughts to his family and friends.

Edited by RobJS

Caravanless. ...

Reading this sent shivers down my spine today. You don't know how vulnerable you are out there on the roads.

http://www. telegraph. co. uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/10718506/Death-of-charity-cyclist-Christian-Smith-thousands-donated-to-JustGiving-webpage. html

The thing is, there doesn't seem to be a way of avoiding this. That is apart from giving up cycling.

Thoughts to his family and friends.

Its very, very sad that such a young man loses his life doing something he believed and helping others, especially a charity that still as a lot of stigma about it.

It also interesting to see yet another driver being arrested for dangerous driving after a death and then bailed. I wonder how many deaths it will take before proper sentences are handed out for this hideous crime.

Edited by Gaz40

Its very, very sad that such a young man loses his life doing something he believed and helping others, especially a charity that still as a lot of stigma about it.

It also interesting to see yet another driver being arrested for dangerous driving after a death and then bailed. I wonder how many deaths it will take before proper sentences are handed out for this hideous crime.

Bail isn't a sentence. If it comes to trial then an appropriate sentence should result.

Bail isn't a sentence. If it comes to trial then an appropriate sentence should result.

Of course bail isn't a sentence, Personally I don't think they should be bailed after a death. These past pathetic sentences keep happening with death caused by dangerous driving. I once witnessed two cars street racing around a city streets at high speed and mounting the pavement to cut through the traffic.

To me its almost premeditated murder. they know exactly what they are doing. especially the ones that are driving to avoid arrest.

Edited by Gaz40

Take a look at the devastation these pair caused and have a look at the sentences. One worked for Greater Manchester Police. Some may say the sentences are just, I don't, They'll probably be out in less than half their term.

http://www. dailymail. co. uk/news/article-2478535/Caught-CCTV-Shocking-car-race-young-drivers-speeds-80mph-crash-left-innocent-pedestrians-fighting-life. html

Edited by Gaz40

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.