Bailey Senator S6 Carolina Battery Size

amj84

Hi,

Ive just bought a Bailey Senator S6 Carolina and I want to get a new leisure battery. I know the max I can put in is 110ah but does anyone know the physical maximum size of the battery that will fit?

I have found on the bailey web site that the battery tray is 370x190mm and the battery I am looking at is 330x172mm however the battery is 242mm high and I cannot find anything on the internet for the permissible hight!

Any help is much appreciated

If you don't get a more useful response I can measure my senator battery box tomorrow for you, I'll follow the thread and if no-one else pitches in I'll have a look in the afternoon

Hi that would be much appreciated

Sod's law - had to work late, I'll measure it tomorrow as I'm finishing early

hi there any battery from 85 amp to 110 amp will fit any bailey caravan in the past 10 years, unless you have a motor mover fitted or wish to be using battery only for longer periods then an 85 amp battery will be sufficient.

Colin Kirk chief executive of kirk caravan service :welcome:

www.kirkcaravanservice.co.uk Call: (07719 287 943)

www.facebook.com/kirkcaravanservice :D

Wait for Sleepyfolk's measurement. I'm guessing that most caravans use the same Thetford battery box and my old 225mm high battery was an extremely tight fit.

I have a mover and I got a low profile 100Ah Banner Energy Bull at 190mm high and it's so much easier to undo the quick release clamps without having to slide the battery out.

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Land Rover is now back towing.

I've got a 'shallow' one too. It means I can stuff all the loose cables on top easily and as above it's easier to undo the quick release clips. Not sure if they are good or bad but they are easier ! ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

I've got a 'shallow' one too. It means I can stuff all the loose cables on top easily and as above it's easier to undo the quick release clips. Not sure if they are good or bad but they are easier ! ;)

my advice is to stay away from quick release terminals they give bad connections and are prone to corrosion go with the bolt on ones. bad connections lead to loss of power especially when using motor movers as they can peak at 80amps per hour. I do agree that a 110 amp battery is a tight fit but it will fit.

my advice is to stay away from quick release terminals they give bad connections and are prone to corrosion go with the bolt on ones. bad connections lead to loss of power especially when using motor movers as they can peak at 80amps per hour. I do agree that a 110 amp battery is a tight fit but it will fit.

Our quick release clamps are as tight as anything. ....... and loads easier !

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

As I mentioned in another thread, inland boats have very stringent electric (and gas) safety requirements. Quick release clamps are not permitted. Any boat with them will have to change them before it can be used.

The reason being that they are unreliable.

Tony

As I mentioned in another thread, inland boats have very stringent electric (and gas) safety requirements. Quick release clamps are not permitted. Any boat with them will have to change them before it can be used.

The reason being that they are unreliable.

Tony

bolt on terminals take longer yes, but you get far better connection with them, obviously the boat people agree, better surface area making a good solid connection.

Hi that would be much appreciated

The battery locker is 245mm and my 110a battery is 230mm to the top of the terminals, sorry for the delay

Edited by sleepyfolk

Thanks for this

The battery locker is 245mm and my 110a battery is 230mm to the top of the terminals, sorry for the delay

Thank you for your help I will now buy accordingly

can you tell me whether you have the quick release clamps? Also are your battery terminal recessed into the battery? Does this matter when trying to attach the quick release clips?

just one other point the safe way to connect a battery is to make sure everything is switched off. and always put the positive one on first and remove the positive one last when disconnecting. this will prevent any unnecessary sparks.

can you tell me whether you have the quick release clamps? Also are your battery terminal recessed into the battery? Does this matter when trying to attach the quick release clips?

Yes mine does have the quick release clamps and I have to slide it out a couple of inches to release them, I don't find it too much of a problem to be honest, I was thinking of replacing them with standard clamps if my air awning proves too much hassle to pump up by hand as you can't clip on the electric pump with the safety clamps