Sign in to follow this  
palpwh1962

Windsocks And Flags

Just purchased a tampa bay buccaneers flag go well with the yorkshire flag.

I might get one now, didn't realise it guaranteed so much privacy, might fend off those idiots that insist on pitching 6 feet away when there's two acres of field to chose from!

They have loads in the Crimea at moment. ...bit far for a rally though?

Geoff

To expensive from over there, the flags are now trophy pieces for ex-KGB :ph34r: and way exceeding their reserve. I also thought the embassy flag pole was way to heavy to tow with, even though its sales description was "Fully Mobile" :o

I reckon its best to print a photo of a whip and flag, then blue-tac it to the caravan. That should keep any nasty's away ;)

:beardy:

Edited by Gaz40

Thanks for the comment, i just wanted to know which is the best way to secure the pole, did not know they was people that disliked them so much, to me i thought it was a bit of fun for the grandson, did not think that people would avoid pitching next to me because of a windsock or flag, or bringing down the tone of the site,

Thanks for the commment, i just wanted to no which is the best way to secure the pole, did not know they was people that disliked them so much, to me i thought it was a bit of fun for the grandson, did not think that people would avoid pitching next to me because of a windsock or flag, or bringing down the tone of the site,

Take no notice. ........

Buy your pole and flag and enjoy it with your Grandson, it will be a focal point for him to talk to other kids and make new friends.

https://www. lifebreeze. co. uk/shop. php?pg=cat&cat=flag-poles

I saw some on a beach once, with bird like kites attached, they looked really cool, That cool I think I'm really going get one. The Viking Kite and the Sopwith Camel Kite bi-plane, they should fly on a pole but quite like the Henry The Hound wind sock https://www. lifebreeze. co. uk/shop. php?pg=item&id=176 Just a shame they don't do an Elvis to go with the Hound Dog B)

(Just remember to take them down in high winds)

Gaz

Edited by Gaz40

Thanks for the comment, i just wanted to know which is the best way to secure the pole, did not know they was people that disliked them so much, to me i thought it was a bit of fun for the grandson, did not think that people would avoid pitching next to me because of a windsock or flag, or bringing down the tone of the site,

This topic has been around before and you have received the same kind of comments as the others did.

Some approve others do not. You just need to look around any site you camp on and judge how to proceed.

Please can someone tell me where to but a very large flag on a very large pole. :beardy:

I could but don't think it would be allowed.

I don't mind toys on flag poles what I want to avoid is rallys

Edited by David in Cheshire

Avoiding rallies is very easy, just keep paying through the nose for stuff you don't use and pretend you are getting value. Simples.

Avoiding rallies is very easy, just keep paying through the nose for stuff you don't use and pretend you are getting value. Simples.

I was referring to rallies that invade sites in low season and turn them into high season lookalikes, in a field its nobody's business but their own. I assume you think your rally fees are super value, it will be no surprise to you that I don't do rally's but I do use superb sites with every facility on offer (even if I don't always use them) costing average £12 per night that is "simples" whatever that means

This topic has been around before and you have received the same kind of comments as the others did.

Some approve others do not. You just need to look around any site you camp on and judge how to proceed.

Thanks LHD that is a good summary of how it is and how it has been. ........like caravans and cabbages, you pays your money and takes your choice!

Seems that the thread has changed to 'anti-rally' now anyway! . ......I won't contribute as I have done about 660 rallies over 30 years I may just be seen as biased!.......and anyway a weekend rally around here runs from about £7. 00 to £12. 00, even when it is on a site with EHU. ...........but then, as I said, I am biased!

geoff

David in Cheshire - where are these fabulous campsites that cost on average £12 per night? I continue to look, but still cannot find.

Geoff

I think its turned into an anti anti rally thread now since I remarked that I avoid them. I don't think it is realized by members of large groups (and I have been part of such at times) how much our enjoyment of each others company say in a restaurant impacts on others around. Large meetings and communal games might be great fun for the participants but are a pain to others around them. I have had my enjoyment of what had been favorite sites on the continent ruined on at least 6 times now by the arrival and behavior of rallies and as I said avoiding flagpoles goes some way to escaping them.

We constantly discuss having a dog in the family but overall lifestyle and commitments make it impractical. One day, hopefully . ................. :)

Meanwhile, if you see the duck and the Cornish flag flying high, you'll know where we are.

Thanks for the warning !!!

David in Cheshire - where are these fabulous campsites that cost on average £12 per night? I continue to look, but still cannot find.

Portugal and Spain on long(ish) stays or using ACSI

Thank you, David in Cheshire. Didn't think there were many in Britain!! It will be a long time before we're able to benefit from long stays abroad during ACSI time.

I could but don't think it would be allowed.

I don't mind toys on flag poles what I want to avoid is rallys

Ooh ! you tease . ... :wub:

I'm getting confused, you dont like flag poles and their flags but now you do like them, but you don't like rallies but you have rallied in the past :blink:

Think I need to look for a bigger flag pole :beardy::beardy:

Edited by Gaz40

Ooh ! you tease . ... :wub:

I'm getting confused, you dont like flag poles and their flags but now you do like them, but you don't like rallies but you have rallied in the past :blink:

Think I need to look for a bigger flag pole :beardy::beardy:

No I have not rallied but I have been part of noisy groups in other circumstances and realized afterwards what a pain our fun would have been for non participants, its not something I have done often unlike the rally groups that have surrounded us at times for whom it iseems to be the norm

Thank you, David in Cheshire. Didn't think there were many in Britain!! It will be a long time before we're able to benefit from long stays abroad during ACSI time.

I should have added France and almost anywhere outside the UK but as you said you need to be able to go out of high season. Getting older does have some compensations.

Mines the one with a Dorset flag.

Dave

No I have not rallied but I have been part of noisy groups in other circumstances and realized afterwards what a pain our fun would have been for non participants, its not something I have done often unlike the rally groups that have surrounded us at times for whom it iseems to be the norm

Bit of a Party Animal, raging inside that awning them. :o

Let your hair down and raise your pole !! B)

I rally and use a C & CC card. We tend to average £12 a weekend. Odd meets are £9 per weekend. B)

Some years ago a Sunday to Sunday temporary holiday meet produced a bill for £33. 00. Gone up a bit since though.

This is a proper pole. ....

http://www. amazon. co. uk/Aluminium-Flagpole-20ft-Union-Jack/dp/B0034Z4HIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395847817&sr=8-1&keywords=flagpoles+and+flags

Includes a couple of flags as well. B)

I would love to use the big sites with all the amenities and showers with baths, full bar, etc etc, FOR £12, I DONT THINK SO. But I stand corrected if someone has any proof they exist. Maybe my book is out of date but small sites of 5 vans or less are sometimes a better option but the big sites with bells and whistles at £12 only exist in the minds of those that like to keep them secret. Please do share with us these wonderful cheap fully equipped sites, I am all a quiver with excitement. Failing that I will keep on rallying with my mates in a field with water and a hole in the ground and great fun to boot. Thank god for solar panels and led lights, job done.

I would love to use the big sites with all the amenities and showers with baths, full bar, etc etc, FOR £12, I DONT THINK SO. But I stand corrected if someone has any proof they exist. Maybe my book is out of date but small sites of 5 vans or less are sometimes a better option but the big sites with bells and whistles at £12 only exist in the minds of those that like to keep them secret. Please do share with us these wonderful cheap fully equipped sites, I am all a quiver with excitement. Failing that I will keep on rallying with my mates in a field with water and a hole in the ground and great fun to boot. Thank god for solar panels and led lights, job done.

I have already told Alison where these sites are and unfortunately they are not in the UK see here . All over Europe there are sites as described for 12€ to 18€ usually only low season of course and would be no good for a weekend. ACSI site prices are off topic and I only introduced comments about price in response to your hostile reply when I said I avoid rallys.

Edited by David in Cheshire

Oh my. This has certainly gone off topic.

With Regards to flags and poles I think they are fine. Nothing wrong with having some fun, something I thought 'vanning was all about.

Oh my. This has certainly gone off topic.

With Regards to flags and poles I think they are fine. Nothing wrong with having some fun, something I thought 'vanning was all about.

So it has. I wonder what the OP thinks? Par for the course with topics like this. :rolleyes: