Caravan Length On A B Licence

Vallumlj

I have been looking at a lot of caravans and most of them are just over 7 m long. Am I right in thinking on a b licence the limit is 7. 0m?

Kind Regards

Would this caravan be ok if surely you would not need 3. 5 to tow this.

http://www. ladybaileycaravans. co. uk/details/14924/Bailey-Pegasus-GT65-Verona#.Uy8mW5IgGSM

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Vallumlj

I presume you are looking at the shipping length?

That includes the A frame and the license is only concerned with the body length.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

That makes sense now thanks for explaining that. I not sure if I will need to get a b+e licence now.

I am getting new car next year so I should be able to find a car and caravan which will keep me and the limit of 3500

Thanks again

Would this caravan be ok if surely you would not need 3. 5 to tow this.

http://www. ladybaileycaravans. co. uk/details/14924/Bailey-Pegasus-GT65-Verona#.Uy8mW5IgGSM

Thanks for the help.

That caravan is fine - I believe all Bailey caravans are ok to tow with a normal licence except the Retreat range. That's provided you stay below the 3. 5 tonne limit for the caravan and towcar. The shipping length is the caravan including the A frame and hitch - that's the part of the chassis that sticks out the front of the caravan where you find the handbrake level etc.

not to sure about the length, can be a bit of a grey area, but looking at your link and the repayment terms if you get it on hp, have it over 120 months turns a £17000 caravan into £27000, over £10000 interest!!

phil

All UK manufactured touring caravans are under the 7m body length that is allowed on Uk roads without being towed by a vehicle over 3500 gvw .

For a B licence the requirement is the vehicle and caravan maximum plated weights do not add upto over 3500kg when combined .

Thats the plated Gross Vehicle weight and the MTPLM for the caravan .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

The caravan in the ad' has a MTPLM OF 1448kg. I cannot imagine any car which is capable of towing it and coming inside the train weight of a B licence. Can anyone give an example of one?

Ern

The caravan in the ad' has a MTPLM OF 1448kg. I cannot imagine any car which is capable of towing it and coming inside the train weight of a B licence. Can anyone give an example of one?

So long as one chooses to ignore the 85% weight ratio recommendation many medium sized saloon cars would have an adequate towload limit and yet a max. GVW of under 2050kg to allow one to stay below the 3500kg limit.