Moving Over To The Dark Side :)

Looking at moving over to a static caravan

already on a seasonal pitch but they dont do statics on our site

parents have a static which we used while our site was closed over winter and loved the extra space

also when the wind and rain was at its worst there was no fear of awning ripping and no need for ear plugs for the tap tap of rain

so are there any static sites nr northallerton what ive not found on google ?

Atb paul

We are just in the process of doing the same. We havd been seasonal at a site in York for 3 years now, went to an open weekend last week at a site near Thirsk and put a deposit on a 2010 Willerby Sailsbury. We are so excited!! Just need to sell the tourer now!!

Rob, can you tell us what the fixed charges cost per year. Not the static repayments, but the site costs etc?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Wispman, the site fees are approx £2100 for 9 months an £2400 for 10 1/2. We were paying just short of £2000 for our seasonal. There is of course gas, electric in addition,

Paulliver, the site is York House which is about 3 milea from Thirsk

Tks for the info on prices.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I used to work on a static site and would never ever not even once consider one let alone buy one.

Sites constantly devise new ways of siphoning money from your bank account, and when you have none left that's when the big shaft comes. Next to nothing for your van or anything up to a grand I've seen to pull your van off the site and dump outside.

Draconian places in my experience.

Sorry for the comedown

Hi Paul, apologies i was not aware of the private message function so please don't think I was ignoring you, I obviously am now and have responded!!

Double check the contract, most site owners have got it tied up, even if you get on with owners what if they sell the site, what if a bad family moves next to you, what if the site changes to lodges which lots are doing, sorry if I am being negative but all the above is true, at least I can pack up and move, who will take a second hand static without a big fee, even disconnecting the services cost loads, I can see many advantages but can recite lots of horror true stories.

Well checked the contract and its all good:)

my tourer went today after id emptied it and taken down the ventura universal awning.

moving in next friday to a lovely site run by lovely people

and its called york house caravan park nr thirsk

so if anybody is looking for a great static site with great views and run by lovely people then try it.

see u soon rob

atb paul/jill and jess the staffie

Edited by paulliver

I truly hope the move to a static works out after all,our leisure time and money is hard earned and deserved, just I was given 12 days in January to move my tourer of our seasonal,pitch as site was granted change of use to lodges, 22 units were moved, for 13 years I used this site but 3 years ago travellers bought it, so the great and lovely previous owners sold out, now friends bought an expensive new 8 berth static 5 years ago and have been given notice that this is there final year as converting to lodges, where do they go, how much will the disconnecting services and transport cost, but the main worry is who wants them, site owners don't just want the yearly fee, they chase the big lump on the sale, and wealthy travellers and organisations are chasing sites in the uk, , but again hope all goes well

There are lodges on site also,

so if anybodys after a seasonal pitch nr thirsk/northallerton pitch 8 at hillside caravan park is now free.

its a lovely site and great people who own/run it pat and chris

Atb paul

the dark side isn't that bad . I am now 2 years into static ownership after moving from tourer & I have to say I don't miss touring at all, I spend loads more time away with the static as I can just shoot of at midnight if I want with a moments notice, no planning /loading/storage/chase pitch/fastest finger first in December on the CC Website etc etc . :blink:

Yes financially I pay more but that's my choice of park & facilities I have & use, I have a 36x12 two bedroom & its the business . it cost me the same owning my static as it does for a good 2 week family holiday abroad each year yet I get about 50 extra days break a year so currently it works for me at the moment, never going to be a cheap leisure option but I did my homework before taking the plunge .

2012 Static Willerby Severn, Sitting in Hidden Valley Welshpool . B)

Our days of touring are now also behind us, loved the past years and seen loads of sites and parts of the Uk, but seasonal pitches now suit better, likewise can arrive very late, and no up early sunday getting ready to tow, also tend to have a much longer season, but while i would like the space and benifits of a static also like the choice of moving should any changes not suit, been on a few booked static holidays and if its a great community of people its great, but the rise of the lodge parks are luring site owners, top range lodges can give them a £50 to £ 60 grand lump sum profit with an annual fee indexed linked of aprox £2000 per year, so thats why the wealthy travelers are investing and most folk dont even see through the sweet talk.

Well guys moving in this friday:)

Happy days

no more awnings to worry about when its windy:)

and no more ear plugs when its raining

and no more wife climbing over me in the middle of the night needing the toilet:)

Think i might miss the last one:)

see u soon rob

atb paul

Edited by paulliver

Hope it all works out for you Paul, keep in touch.

2015 ABI ASHCROFT EXCL

Hope it works out well for you but having seen static ownership in action . ...priced off site, unable to sell on, i'm in full agreement with paulliver and wouldn't touch one with a bargepole Obviously they suit an awful lot of people though, so hope you find great happiness in yours.

I thought I read the regulations on static site contracts had changed stopping all the selling rules.
http://www. bbc. co. uk/news/uk-22678146
Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

That's Park Homes: different to statics as they are residential not holiday use.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Good to know there are some scrupulous static sites out there, I have friends who bought a static on a site in north Wales, the van was 5 years old and the management assured them that it wouldn't need to be changed till it was 12 years old.

Within 3 years the goalposts were moved and they were told that a new van was needed. After much wrangling and stress they walked away much poorer and more cynical. As other posters say a quick buck seems more important than loyalty to some site owners.

As with many things a recommendation is valuable and hopefully this site will be rewarded for good practice.

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.