Anyone Towed With An Automatic Mitsubishi Outlander

Oldroamer

I have towed many miles over the last five years with a manual 2008 Outlander, the 2. 0 Ltr engine. I am considering changing for a newer model, probably the 2012 or 2013 model with the 2. 2 Ltr engine. I have thought of changing to an automatic but have doubts, has anyone any experience of this version of Outlander ie the 2. 2 engine, and in particular an automatic version.

Brian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ford/psa 2. 2 is a great towing engine used in my Peugeot 4007 and in the outlander up to 2012 but the re vamped 2013 outlander use a mitsubishi developed engine. Not sure about the auto version the peugeot has the stiffer suspension out of the 3 Outlander/4007/C Crosser.

This engine is also used in the Freelander and Range Rover Evoque.

Edited by langers8

For what it's worth: when I looked into getting the auto version friends in the trade put me off as the box had a poor reputation when used for towing.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Thank you both for your replies. The concern over the auto box was my reason for the posting, I read a review of the latest 2013 version and they commented on the new auto transmission being far more suitable for towing. I will either have to stick with manual or wait until the 2013 models drop to my budget for the auto.

Brian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------