Bailey Olympus - Empty Ceiling Light Of Shavings

gilletthome77

Hi I hope someone can advise how I take the perspex of the ceiling light to empty all the shavings that have accumulated in all these lights. I've attached a photo of the fitting. I assume I'll need a flat screwdriver to lever it off but wanted some advice before I did this.

Many thanks

post-36301-0-22144600-1395427487_thumb.jpg

You can do it by hand, using a screwdriver risks breaking or scratching. Just push the side of the lense between the four tabs that you can clearly see. You have to give it a good tug though. The four plastic lugs around the outside just push into the locating hols around the outside of the fitting. One of the lugs on the lense is longer and bigger than the others, this is the locating lug.

The shavings will just re-appear though, they come from inside the hols as well! - I sealed mine using some reflective metal tape and some glue from a glue gun. I also replaced the bulbs with the following LED bulbs. They stop the fitting melting. (Yes, they will melt over time from the heat of the Haogen bulb)...

See ---> http://www. ultraleds. co. uk/g4-dc-15-led-warm-white-led-bulb-8v-30v-2-6w-35w-back-pin. html

ug4ww5bp.jpg

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Hi. I removed mine carefully with the widest flat screwdriver I could get in the slot. Took care and all was OK. Probably best on a warmer day to make plastic less brittle. I used a crevice nozzle on the vacuum cleaner to give the channels in the roof a good sucking and it never happened again.

I also replaced the bulbs with the following LED bulbs. They stop the fitting melting. (Yes, they will melt over time from the heat of the Haogen bulb)...

See ---> http://www. ultraleds. co. uk/g4-dc-15-led-warm-white-led-bulb-8v-30v-2-6w-35w-back-pin. html

ug4ww5bp.jpg

Dreadly, you are a star, I have been searching for these!

Dreadly, you are a star, I have been searching for these!

No problem, They are expensive but they are VERY bright and are self regulated etc. . So safe and cool running.

Another small tip, I used one cool and one warm white in my fitting, so it gives a really nice spectrum of light in the van, very comfortable for relaxing and reding.

Also, you will have to bend the rear pins slightly to get two of these to fit in the fitting as they are fairly large but it's very easy and quick if you use some long nose pliers.

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi