I Read That You Should Not Flush The Hot Water System With Steralising Fluid

BothyBob

On another thread I read that you should not flush the hot water system with steralising fluid as it reacts with stainless steel

I have always used Milton in steralising the Aquarrols, and all the system hot and cold before our first outing

Is this a mistake ?

Opinions in the other thread say it's OK as long as you don't leave it in the system for long.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/92840-water-system-sterilisation

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Land Rover is now back towing.

Yep, heard that as well, apparently its true, which is why I have always used Puriclean which is designed for that purpose.

There are, however, loads of people who use Milton and always have.

It contains Sodium Hypochlorite (albeit in dilute form) which reacts with metals and alloys (but not titanium).

Their website lists many things suitable for sterilising with their product, none of which appear to be metallic. ..

Edited by angus

Milton for me but running out now. ..........Some recommend Orange Juice.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Tried the Orange juice method, couldn't get rid of the taste for ages, another option besides Milton

STERIDENT! Works for me

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Puriclean for me, fraction of the price of Milton as well. About £3. 50 for tub of powder and only use about half to do the 40ltr aquaroll then fill the hot/cold system. Then flush with plenty clean water.

We had a post on here some time ago where they left the sterilising fluid bottle in the sink, when they returned to the caravan some time later the liquid that was on the base of the bottle had rotted the sink.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Use white wine vinegar to clean hot tank. A 50-50 mix with water. Flush well after a reasonable time. This will remove the coating that forms on the element and improve heat transfer.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

should be ok as long as you are flushing it out with plain water afterwards.

i always use milton fluid on water containers after being stored. i then run it through the system.

but i then run 2-3 times on plain water before using it for anything

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2015 BMW 330d Touring Xdrive pulling A 2014 Bailey Unicorn S2 Cadiz