Thetford C200 Toilet

albey123

HELP. ..

We have an electric flush on our van and for some reason its stopped working, fuse is OK, I have changed the switch on the top of the tank and still not working - pump checked on a 12v feed and works. . doesnt look like any power getting to the toilet - any ideas????????

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

There will be a fuse on the main 12 volt distribution panel protecting the circuit you toilet is attached to. Typically this is the same circuit as the fresh water pump or the Hob ignition circuits are connected to. You do not say what make/model of van you have which could help to provide a more definitive diagnosis.

If in doubt ring thetford. Their help line is superb, they identified the problem with my loo, told me what part I needed and put me through to their parts department who supplied the part. What is more the parts wer as cheap from them as from anywhere.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

We had a similar issue last week. After emptying, the "full" light stayed on so I removed the waste tank and in the back of the space there is a fuse. I thought that this was for the full light so removed it to check and then replaced it. Then the electric flush did not work - just when I needed it to !!. I removed the same fuse again and cleaned the connections - slightly corroded - and it the worked fine - unless this is just some weird coincidence.

You do not say what make/model of van you have which could help to provide a more definitive diagnosis.

You can add the van detail to your profile and it may help if you need specific advice in future. ;)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.