R A C Arrival

mickfishing

Yes, as I understand it is a collaborative product with CCC and RAC. I'm with Mayday and I have to be a member of CC to get it, its provided by Green Flag

Yes you need to be a member. In fact its the only reason I'm a ccc member as I get a big discount on all RAC products so it works out very cheap for me.

I thought the RAC product was great until I tried to use it. .. Got a full refund in the end as they refused to come out and broke their own T&C's. ... So sad. Now with Green Flag Mayday. Seems great so far.

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I thought the RAC product was great until I tried to use it. .. Got a full refund in the end as they refused to come out and broke their own T&C's. ... So sad. Now with Green Flag Mayday. Seems great so far.

Why did they refuse to come out?

I'm a member and I keep reading occasional comments on this site regarding how Mayday is the best one and RAC should be avoided, but it would be good to have some evidence / facts on the subject.

Fire. Now there's a hot topic!

Why did they refuse to come out?

I'm a member and I keep reading occasional comments on this site regarding how Mayday is the best one and RAC should be avoided, but it would be good to have some evidence / facts on the subject.

I need to be careful for legal reasons. .. But the basics are :-

My wife had a car accident, I had 'Accident cover' on my full policy, so I asked them to recover the vehicle to my house.

They refused and said that 'Accident cover' required me to pay an additional 160pounds for them to recover it.

I stated that the website page did NOT say that and it was clear that it WAS covered and there where no exceptions shown to this cover on the website that I bought the cover.

They stated the website was wrong and they had made a mistake but I was still not covered!

I pleaded with them that they where wrong and should recover the car anyway and we could argue it at a later date as they clearly had website issues. They refused point blank, they would not even discuss it.

I wrote a letter of complaint to themselves and CC'd the FSO (Financial ombudsmen). And they found in my favour.

Basically, VERY bad service. Will NEVER use them again.

Whilst I do understand my circumstances where fairly specific, it was the way it was handled and I was made to feel like scum by the call centre that really got my back up. I do not let companies push me around in this fashion.

Edited by dreadly

Mahatma Gandhi

My wife had a car accident, I had 'Accident cover' on my full policy, so I asked them to recover the vehicle to my house.

They refused and said that 'Accident cover' required me to pay an additional 160pounds for them to recover it.

I stated that the website page did NOT say that and it was clear that it WAS covered and there where no exceptions shown to this cover on the website that I bought the cover.

They stated the website was wrong and they had made a mistake but I was still not covered!

I pleaded with them that they where wrong and should recover the car anyway and we could argue it at a later date as they clearly had website issues. They refused point blank, they would not even discuss it.

I wrote a letter of complaint to themselves and CC'd the FSO (Financial ombudsmen). And they found in my favour.

Whilst I do understand my circumstances where fairly specific, it was the way it was handled and I was made to feel like scum by the call centre that really got my back up. I do not let companies push me around in this fashion.

Hmm, that's not good. That's the sort of scenario everyone hopes never happens to them. Well at least the ombudsmen found in your favour. Let's hope it was a one-off.

Fire. Now there's a hot topic!

Should say, Dreadly, that I support all you did - well done. BUT, just as we all have different issues arising and I might approach, say the RAC, differently to others, so the RAC and other orgs have staff of very different and differing qualities and another operator receiving your call may have supported you and approached their manager in such a way as to get a more positive outcome. However, when enough dirt starts to stick. ...

All that said I can understand you not using them again!

Edited by SamD

Sam :beardy:

Should say, Dreadly, that I support all you did - well done. BUT, just as we all have different issues arising and I might approach, say the RAC, differently to others, so the RAC and other orgs have staff of very different and differing qualities and another operator receiving your call may have supported you and approached their manager in such a way as to get a more positive outcome. However, when enough dirt starts to stick. ...

All that said I can understand you not using them again.

I'm afraid I vote with my feet. I don't do second chances unless it involves apologies and letters of regret etc. . None of this was in any way forthcoming from them. I just received a lengthy letter that basically tried to blame me again because I didn't read the small print that allowed them to change the service as they wished.

As I said. .. NEVER :)

Mahatma Gandhi

I'm with Arrival so far no issues, called them out in Belguim due to blow out on the car, changed to spare and took me to a local garage for a new tyre. So far so good.

Volvo XC90 D5 AWD, Lunar Ultima 615,Towing at 62%

You have a second chance at life it's called tomorrow!