Review: Clubman Si

lennylenster

5stars from us too,so much that we have a Saros SI on order.

John.

:welcome: Lenny to Caravan Talk

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with this review, I have owned this model van from new when purchased back in 2011, an excellent van, island bed is ideal for us, have made a few mods including extra Sky point for our Sky+, plus added led lighting to the underside of the overhead lockers, above front windows.

A definite 5 stars from us :)

Edited by Dirkydel

Vauxhall Insignia 2. 0 CDTi SRi NAV Estate

towing a

Lunar Clubman SI 2011

The only modification we had to have done to our 2011 caravan was to have ventilation slots cut at the top of the bulkhead in front. This allows the caravan to heat up a lot quicker and distribute the heat better.

post-65184-0-31298100-1396452306_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Useful review - thanks.

We are considering a Saros SI.

There are 2 things that concern us:

- the bed is only 6' long and we are both a whisker under that.

- the need for a mod to the heating in the lounge area.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated please.

Thanks

Hi

I have a 2012 SI and echo the comments of the other posters. In regard to bogworts question I am over 6 foot and have no problem with the length of bed and enjoy a good night sleep

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

All Alde heating takes some time to warm up from cold in the winter. We use a small fan heater to help warm it up quicker. If you want longer front seats then buy the Delta Ti which has 6'2" front benches

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"

5stars from us too,so much that we have a Saros SI on order.

John.

We looked at the Saros and liked the modern inside, but the front skylight put us right off. We opened it and no one including workshop staff could close it properly. They could get the catches at the rear into place with the plastic trim being distorted but not the catches in the middle. The same happened with the other Saros they had on display. May be something to bear in mind when picking it up as otherwise a smashing caravan.

We looked at the Saros and liked the modern inside, but the front skylight put us right off. We opened it and no one including workshop staff could close it properly. They could get the catches at the rear into place with the plastic trim being distorted but not the catches in the middle. The same happened with the other Saros they had on display. May be something to bear in mind when picking it up as otherwise a smashing caravan.

Oh dear - Lunar and their wonderful windows again. Will the Saros windows be tarred with the same brush as their warped windows on the 2013 range?

2019 Adria Adora Thames

We collected our Saros last Friday and took it away for 3 nights to check things out. when setting up we could not find the hose for the super pitch connection,turns out this is now an extra and no longer supplied as standard. Overall the van is brilliant a real head turner,the catches on the front skylight are difficult to close. With the high temperature at the weekend the frame seemed to distort making the middle catches very hard to close.

John.

We collected our Saros last Friday and took it away for 3 nights to check things out. when setting up we could not find the hose for the super pitch connection,turns out this is now an extra and no longer supplied as standard. Overall the van is brilliant a real head turner,the catches on the front skylight are difficult to close. With the high temperature at the weekend the frame seemed to distort making the middle catches very hard to close.

John.

John, when we looked at the Saros it was a cool windy day and the plastic trim where the catches hook onto was distorted quite a bit. I think on a real hot day it could be quite scary. TBH I can see this being a recall item on what is an exceptionally nice looking modern caravan.

Hi

We collect our Saros SE end of june and must agree about rooflight on inspection prior to ordering

but just could not resist this cracking van I found the rooflight a bit fiddly in the showroom but guessed

three year warranty would sort this out guessing new design on anything brings problems of some

sort may try a suction cup to pull rooflight down prior to fastening as i felt some sort of handle was needed

to pull it down? but can't wait to get ours. :D

Hi

Went back yet again to look at the saros se today and had no problems opening and shutting the rooflight

several times bit of practise and are awaiting delivery end of june we can't wait this is a cracking van

without doubt and would not hesitate if making the decision again to buy, all vans have problems

new or old its only sometimes that other people get no problems after reading other caravan forums

its amazing what faults turn up on caravans in general only time can tell nobody knows what fault will develop

until it happens? until then its all speculation.

• 9 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Just joined Caravan Talk today.

Has the problem been fixed with the Clubman Si as we are looking at the 2015 model, have these faults now been rectified as these faults seems to be on-going for quite some time, does anyone know if the manufacturer has done any modifications to the sky light.

Welcome Plodder and bear in mind that this thread is nearly a year old. Best of luck with your query.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

How do you identify the year of manufacture when looking for a caravan?

Where is it displayed on the caravan?

Can anyone help with this question.

How do you identify the year of manufacture when looking for a caravan?

Where is it displayed on the caravan?

Can anyone help with this question.

All 'modern' vans have a registration number on the chassis plate and etched on the windows - from this you can work out the year

Details here

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/caravan-finance/buying/CRiS-explained

Hi Everyone,Just joined Caravan Talk today. Has the problem been fixed with the Clubman Si as we are looking at the 2015 model, have these faults now been rectified as these faults seems to be on-going for quite some time, does anyone know if the manufacturer has done any modifications to the sky light.

The skylight in our 2015 Clubman Si has the problem where the 3 rearmost catches close easily, but the middle two (one each side) do not latch onto the frame unless I pull the catch down.

This was reported to our dealer last November, shortly after picking-up the van on 24 October. At long last Dometic have come up with some spacers to fit into the catch to effectively lower the catch. These have now arrived with my Dealer and being fitted this coming Tuesday evening at home.

Edited by hp100425ev

We have just collected a 2015 SE no problem closing the roof. I start with the middle two then the end three. Gives lots of light and air when open.

Happy with it.

Can't do that with ours, the centre two just do not catch on anything.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a 2014 model collected end Jan 2105, so far.

The slats in the island bed fall out as cut to short. Dealer agreed to replace

The bed opens in transit a new catch is required. Dealer agrees

Two wardrobe doors are warped and need replacing. Dealer agrees

The bottom pan drawer opens in transits spilling the pans out, known problem only rectified if you complain, dealers comment!

The door to storage area under the drainer opens in transit wire trays fly out and scatter contents everywhere, dealer fitted second catch.

Fridge catch for venting broken and unit loose, dealer rectifying.

Middle catches on roof-light impossible to close.

Heating gets up to temp but need electric and gas to do so then cuts out at the set temperature but doesn't then come back up to temp without us turning the heating up past 26-27c Dealer says nothing wrong.

Dealer on hand over didn't explain that electrics need switching off on panel under seat, battery drained in eleven days, currently arguing as to whom is paying for a new battery.

Mood lighting is on or off, you cant have the led lights on over bed on there own without the main center skylights on, what is the point of that?

Woeful communication or lack of from dealer and woeful build and design from Lunar, the cupboard doors don't even fit flush and have a gap between them you can crawl through.

Buyer beware i am doing all i can to reject this van.

As you can gather not a happy bunny :( :(

The Axe forgets but the tree remembers. ..

We are happy with ours.

Had to fit a push button catch to the cupboard to stop the cutlery tray and wire baskets coming out, and also have the problem of the pan cupboard under the cooker opening.

Fitted a switch so that the rooflight leds can be switched off independantly, so now can have the over bed leds on without the rooflight leds.

Middle catches on rooflight couldn't be closed but Dometic have now produced spacers so that they will catch on the lips of the surround.

No warping on wardrobe doors but must admit cupboeard doors do have a big gap but it doesn't cause us any concern or problem.

Alde panel has an offset facility that lets the panel think the temperature is lower thsn it actually is, and setting this offset to around 4 degrees stops the problem of the heating not coming back on.