New Hook Up Cable

Cjboddy

Hi All,

Just had my hook up cable out at the weekend and notice a cut through the outer casing. Tbh the cable looks like it's seen a few yrs now anyhow (came with the van). The connectors themselves look fine.

Is it a straight forward enough job just to fit the connectors to a new length of cable? If so what cable do I need to buy. ...someone mention artic cable (blue colour)??

Cheers

Craig

Hi All,

Just had my hook up cable out at the weekend and notice a cut through the outer casing. Tbh the cable looks like it's seen a few yrs now anyhow (came with the van). The connectors themselves look fine.

Is it a straight forward enough job just to fit the connectors to a new length of cable? If so what cable do I need to buy. ...someone mention artic cable (blue colour)??

Cheers

Craig

Where there is the break, cut it and then fit the plug or socket so you have a shorter cable for those emergencies where a 25m cable is jut not long enough. Also can then be used where you are right next to the socket on the field and do not need a 25 metre cable.

Yeah, I'll keep as a spare. ...but tbh it had faded a lot and the casing looks like it was going brittle. Seeing prices at caravan outlets (£26 for 25m) it seems a bit daft buying cable to do yourself?!

You will need 2. 5 mm core for EHU connection. As you said, why faff about making one up - you won't need another for a long time (unless a warden runs his mower though it).

Land Rover is now back towing.

The corect cable should be 25m x 25mm 3 core to HO7RN-F or possibly HO5RN -F rubber insulated,if you buy "Arctic cable"

read the link below

http://www. basec. org. uk/News/Basec-News/BASEC-Issues-Safety-Warning-About-Problem-Arctic-Cable

knarf

Whichever choice you make ensure that the correct cable is purchased: 2. 5mm. There are smaller section cables on sale at slightly less cost but are not up to the job without noticeable voltage drop or worse. I assume your old one will be 2. 5mm so use a piece of this to compare. If some of your old one is still in good condition, re-fit the connector(s) & keep it for when a shorter cable is enough.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!