Floor Delaminating

byrnep306

Just found out the floor in my swift Verona is deliminating near the cooker and sink. How much does this cost to get repaired. And does it need doing or can it wait until October time. Thanks for your help and advice

Edited by byrnep306

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I used Floor Kit Pro from GW Caravan Services, (via Ebay!). I bought 3,for 3m2, as there was quite a lot. Cost, including delivery, £71. It came as 2 parts, and with more than enough dowels.

I did the delamination last week, in about 10deg.

15deg. and it fizzes, they say. It worked fine, after 2 days I walked upon it and there was no sign of delamination.

You will need a paddle on your drill, and some protective gloves.

GW's site is: www. gwcaravans. co. uk

Tim

We had a Swift caravan and had our floor repaired as it had gone in front of the sink/cooker.( 2 years ago) We used our local caravan Engineer and the cost was £150. 00 and he did a lst class job and relaid the carpet too.

Edited by Joanthephone

We had a Swift caravan that had the floor collapse after 12 months from new. The floor was replaced at the factory but delaminated 12 months later. The dealer repaired the floor but it delaminated again within 12 months so we got rid. I suppose some repairs are ok and some dont work.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

I did my old caravan about 4. 5 years ago, kit from Glossop caravans at the time. I did it from underneath so not to disturb the carpets. You have to be quick putting in the dowels, then sowe duck tape to stop the dripping adhesive, but solved the problem.

Caravan was sold 18 months later, and dealer never noticed the floor had been reapired.

Carl

2017 Volvo XC60 D4 AWD 2022 Swift Archway Rockingham 

We used www. bridgetowncaravans. co. uk

They did grand grand job!, charged me about £350 for about 6m2 of delam, the floor was so bad it was borderline beyond repair according to them, they fixed it, and they were able to fix it from the underside which is suppose to be the correct way, took them 5 hours and 3 pots of two part resin adhesives which according to them cost £60 per kit and they did it on my drive so all in all taking that off there price x 3 I don't think was that bad.

The caravan is now in my Nephews ownership and had no problems with it, they also carried out all my service needs and still do on latest model.

carver

Edited by carver