Quick Fit Battery Connectors

Sorry if this is a daft question but I have had problems removing and reinstalling the battery as the battery box is quite small, I have bought some 'quick fit' battery connectors as I think this will make my life easier, in particular connecting the red one.

I was hoping that there would be some sort of diagram to show me how to attach or remove the old connectors for the quick fit ones but there is no info at all.

The caravan is in storage at the moment so I am unable to see how easy or difficult it is to change them over .

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for a diagram or instructions I can follow please.

Many thanks

Nissan X trail Dci 150 Sport - Bailey Ranger 520 /4

They are very easy to fit. When you see your battery you will be able to work it out. I had to twist the caravan, the solar panel and the mover cables all together and fix into each quick release clamp. It was certainly not a problem.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Spanner, screwdriver and a bit of cable twisting is all that's needed. Will only take 10mins max, and you'll be singing the praises of them forever in eternity!

I changed mine recently.

Original one - cable passed into body of clamp, held with two screws. Undo screws & pull cable out.

Reverse to fit new.

Easy peasy. Less than 5 minutes.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Spot on replies best thing I ever did fitting them. Our battery is a very tight fit in the box and I found that if I opened the box sat on the step then loosened the battery strap I can pull the battery out slightly and rest the edge on my knees it gives me plenty of room to connect and disconnect the quick release clamps easily a lot better than using a spanner on the old clamps.

Interesting, my current van does not have quick release clamps but the previous did. It is a tight fit too. Anyone have a link to where to buy at a good price inc delivery?

Dave11a,- yep that's exactly what I have to do only the red terminal is a real pig to get on, checking up I hope that it is as previously described but not having the caravan to hand I was just trying to be prepared!

Thanks for the replies

Nissan X trail Dci 150 Sport - Bailey Ranger 520 /4

Interesting, my current van does not have quick release clamps but the previous did. It is a tight fit too. Anyone have a link to where to buy at a good price inc delivery?

Mine were from eBay. Exactly the same as what I've seen in accessory shops but half the price.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Halfords do them plus a lot on Amazon but you will probably find them at any dealers or motorist discount shops. I would go by reviews on any web sales as I bought some that the spring mechanism fell to bits after a couple of uses.

http://www. halfords. com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=752511&categoryId=255205&langId=-1

http://www. amazon. co. uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=quick+release+battery+terminals&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=28732479728&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11028886954493476018&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_56zqm2xljw_b

I bought ours in Halfords. ....

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Thanks. Sorry for the late reply, on mobile it does not show notifications very well.

I've had cheap ones which fell to bits so it's worth paying a pound or two more to get decent ones.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning