New Sterling

foss1968

Picking up new sterling Eccles sport 584 next week, looking forward to getting away for first week of the year, anyone else picked up similar vans lately, if so what do you think of it?

We picked up our brand new 2013 model Eccles sport couple of weeks ago; we love it. We've got the 554 and it's brilliant.

Make sure you go over everything with a fine toothed comb when you do your first outing, that way you'll notice any silly little niggles you want to get sorted out. ..

Hopefully we will pick up our sterling eccles quartz se on the 17th of April don't no why it takes so long when we brought it at the NEC . be our first time in a caravan we've come from the other side motorhome

Delivery takes so long because caravans are built to order after the initial launch. No different really than many consumer goods. Typically the delivery time for even a lounge suite is around 13 weeks, I have never had a retailer offer me the display unit or a caravan dealer the demonstrator at the beginning of a model year. Now, at the end of the season, "You can have it today Sir"

Edited by b4bill

We collected sterling elite explorer last week really pleased no problems so far apart from toilet door catching

We changed our van back in October after an Elddis from hell and purchased a brand new Eccles 544 2013 and it's the best decision I've made. Love the van especially the layout. No issues!

Pleased to hear everyones happy, mine is replacing a gt65 Bailey, which had lots of small things wrong with it, plus the dealers after sales was appalling. Happy to be rid and not have any more dealings with them

We collected sterling elite explorer last week really pleased no problems so far apart from toilet door catching

I have that van on order, according to Swift talk, the sliding door catching is a known issue and there is a dealer fix for it, perhaps you should speak to your dealer?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

I picked up a new 2014 Sterling Eccles Sport 554 from Highbridge Caravans today. All went well on the trip home. The only minor gripe is the positioning of the spare wheel, glad to have it under the bed so much easier access but it is partially blocking the exterior entrance to the storage, It could have been sited to the left of the locker entrance and it would have been fine. otherwise everything seems fine.

Andrew

I have that van on order, according to Swift talk, the sliding door catching is a known issue and there is a dealer fix for it, perhaps you should speak to your dealer?Phil.

Thanks Phil just had a look on swift talk going to ring dealer on Monday

• 3 weeks later...

What is the empty nose weight of a 2014 sterling eccles sport 584/4, I hope to pick mine up next week this is my first swift