Entry Door Lock Handle

Shenar

I would like to change the entry door locking handle on my 2008 Lunar Lexon. It has a black triangular rotating handle which is getting difficult and painful to operate. I would like to fit the newer pull type. The grey plastic inner handle parts look the very same,made by Hartal.

Has any member made this change? A dealer said it could not be done but I think it should not be too difficult. Attached photo of present handle. It fits into a 90mm hole.

post-63935-0-94856200-1395246382_thumb.jpg

If you are looking to fit the triangular hartal handle then cutting the triangular hole around the existing hole may not be for the faint hearted. .. Assuming of course that the existing hole would fit entirely within the new correctly positioned shape to be cut.

Yours probably just needs dismantling and the cylindrical plastic piece easing where it binds.

See here: http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/24589-hartal-door-lock/page-2

Hi happynomad, thanks for your reply. The triangular handle as in the picture is the one I want to remove. It's a pain to use with arthritic fingers. The one I would like to fit has a recessed pull handle, as on newer vans and motorhomes.

I don't know how to post an image with an ipad but the 'triangular' Hartal handle that I refer to is the silver roughly triangular (corners rounded off) external part.

The internal part is the same for both.

http://www. thecaravanshop. co. uk/popular-spares/hartal-door-locks/hartal-bailey-caravan-door-lock/prod_966. html

Thanks happynomad, that is exactly what I would like to fit in place of the existing handle. It will be so much easier for sore fingers. Now, has anyone out there done this conversion?

The lock you currently have should be available with a tee-bar handle, instead of the triangular one. if that is easier to operate, it may prove to be simple like for like replacement, as the fixings are identical.

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Gordon thanks for your response. I know the type you mention, but it still has to be turned and pulled which is still much the same as what is already there. I would prefer the pull type.

Jim