Valencia 1 Tv Bracket

peasemold

Looking to fit a TV bracket on the wall above the wooden blind.

Just got a TV for the caravan which would logically stand under on the work surface under the microwave. However, that area is used for for the toaster and kettle, so really need to lift the TV up off the work surface onto the wall above the blind. The wall does not look very strong!!!

Anyone tried this or got any suggestions.

Freelander 2 chased by a 2011 Unicorn Valencia

Somewhere on here there is a step by step guide to how one CT member mounted his bracket under the microwave on such a way that the tv travelled "folded" up under the microwave an swung down such that it could be viewed from front seats or from the bed.

Looking to fit a TV bracket on the wall above the wooden blind.

Just got a TV for the caravan which would logically stand under on the work surface under the microwave. However, that area is used for for the toaster and kettle, so really need to lift the TV up off the work surface onto the wall above the blind. The wall does not look very strong!!!

Anyone tried this or got any suggestions.

I was told by Bailey that under no cicumstances would the wall hold a TV bracket.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Anything like that would have to have a load spreader behind it, as the

lightweight panel material just is not strong enough on its own, without

reinforcement.

I don't know the Valencia, but if the 'wall above the blind' is the same as on the Pegasus then it's only a piece of 3mm or 4mm ply and the weight of a TV would collapse it even with a spreader plate at the back of it.

Tony

Somewhere on here there is a step by step guide to how one CT member mounted his bracket under the microwave on such a way that the tv travelled "folded" up under the microwave an swung down such that it could be viewed from front seats or from the bed.

Found the thread. .. http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/71168-fitting-a-tv-bracket/l

That looks like a good idea, well worth investigating, although that particular bracket does not appear to be available any more.

It has been suggested that another way of doing it would be to remove the blind, make an insert to fill the hole between the bedroom and microwave and mount the TV on the insert. We don't watch TV in bed!!

Our kettle sits to the left of the sink. The toaster is stored in a cupboard and comes out when required and is used on top of the centre chest of drawers. Plenty of room for our 23" tv on the shelf below the microwave. Works for us anyway.

Mike

Mike

peasemold:

Somewhere on this site (about 2y ago) are pictures of the swivel TV bracket I fitted to the bed side of the dividing wall on my Valencia1. I used a length of wood to spread the load. It's given me no trouble at all so the wall is obviously up to the loading.

If you feel they might be of use I can take new 'photos & PM them to you.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Hi micktheshed

Found your post

(http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/55703-valencia-tv/?hl=micktheshed&do=findComment&comment=573864)

but the Photobucket only shows a pile of bolts!!

Any chance of a photo please. I have just made a slot-in infill for the hole where the blind is but SWMBO is "unsure"!!

Cheers

Edited by peasemold

post-34328-0-09517600-1395428924_thumb.jpgpost-34328-0-34690100-1395428851_thumb.jpgpost-34328-0-13319200-1395428767_thumb.jpg

3 new photos of TV bracket fixed to dividing wall of Valencia1

(can't believe I've actually got photobucket to work!)

Edited by micktheshed

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Thanks for that. Real food for thought.

I will be at the storage area tomorrow so will be able to look long and hard at the area and see if we can copy your idea.

Cheers

Thanks for that. Real food for thought.

I will be at the storage area tomorrow so will be able to look long and hard at the area and see if we can copy your idea.

Cheers

It really is quite simple to do but needs a steady hand to start drilling the holes LOL.

Here's wishing you success & the nerve to achieve it.