Can Anyone Help?

Michie1979

can anyone please help me identify the model of this older Elddis caravan? heres the ad http://www. donedeal. ie/caravans-for-sale/elddis-2-berth-short-light-weight/6587795

I did ring them but owner is away and secretary hasnt a clue!!

If i find out what model it is i can find out the weight :)

Many thanks if you can help ;)

There's a lovely Whirlwind on Ebay ( ended listing ) weight max 770 kg which looks very much like the one you're looking at :)

This is the item number but I found it on Google originally :) 190853742608

Edited by mayblossom

if its that weight, its ideal! i think!!! i can only pull 800kg. ive a 2010 1. 2 VW Polo Trendline. i cant open the pictures bigger on ebay as the listing has ended :(

theres this one aswell http://www. donedeal. ie/caravans-for-sale/abi-marauder-4-berth-open-plan-caravan/6587705

You'd have to repair the window on the Marauder, just check no water has got in if you look at this one.

Love the inside of the other one :) be careful how much extra weight you'll be carrying with all the bedding, water carriers etc so you don't exceed your towing limit :) Good luck! :)

Hard to tell from the pic but the hitch looks like a B & B. If memory serves Elddis switched to Alko in 1981 so it that's right it's probably around 1980. If you can get the caravan serial number off the seller ring Elddis in Consett, they will tell you the year of manafacture.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

"Showroom condition and no damp" !!

Take a moisture meter if you can as if its a 1980 caravan and heading for 40 yrs old, then it cannot be in showroom condition so be very wary.

Also don't buy anything with your car unless you know for sure its weight, even if it means you miss a sale.

Best of luck!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I had an eccles many years ago with a very simular layout,practicaly identical and the caravan weight less than 600 kgs and if my memory isn't playing any tricks the van had a payload of around 170 kgs

Lute

Knaus sudwind 500 TL C4 grand Picasso 2. 0 hdi 138 EGS Exclusive

• 4 weeks later...

hi folks, we didnt go for it, found a better one. And your right, we think it may have been damp. We bought an ABI Monza, not sure of the year, but ill post up pics on another thread now x thanks for your help :)