What A Waste Of My Money

dave11a

Our CC insurance for our van was due for renewal in January this year so when the renewal came after falling down in shock at the cost. It had gone up by £45 for exactly the same cover with no claims ever so I shopped around and ended up with the C&CC with the same cover at a lot less than last years premium. I rang the CC insurance phone number and explained I wouldn't be renewing as they were too expensive there was no "let us look if we can match that" or enything else so cancelled my direct debit etc. So now nearly 3 months on every 2 weeks I still keep getting letters from the CC saying my renewal is due and that I am not insured please get in touch for a quote etc. As a club member I hope the cost of these letters doesn't come from the club but the insurance underwriter. My brother has a motorhome and his insurance from the CC had also gone up by an extortionate amount and changed to the C&CC as well.

Edited by dave11a

Dave,

You're not alone in finding CC insurance very expensive. I would think a lot of campers who stay with CC do so purely out of laziness - it's on a direct debit, and they just leave it.

I've been in the C&C Club for a long time, and always had insurance for my tent, trailer tent, caravanette, and now caravan through their Club Care scheme. When I joined the CC about 5 years ago I thought I ought to get a quote from them to make sure I wasn't paying over the odds. Well, I wasn't . .. they were more than twice the cost of Club Care for what I considered slightly poorer cover!

I've also had quotes from other companies, but never found anything to compare to C&CC's cover.

John

N. F. U. for me too. The C. C. wouldn't insure it (German) others were far too high. ...Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

I dont buy this argument of getting a renewal and then having a discussion with the insurer about price matching other insurers. If they can offer a better price why didnt they just do it first time. Sounds like they are trying it on to see if they can get away with it. I just cancel and move out of principle in these circumstances.

Can't beat NFU. ..

I agree - the NFU prices are always the HIGHEST quotes I get by a clear margin. They wanted almost £1000 for my landcruiser. I've insured all three family cars for just over £400 with Aviva.

Edited by A11

I would of thought the letters are coming from the insurance company as CC only offer insurance.

I only keep my CC for insurance certainly not to pay their site fees far cheaper on family run sites that are equally as good. So if mine goes up I will be canceling mine

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I agree with Bob 1982. Any company be it insurance or broadband, that start to tempt me back when I say I am phoning to cancel, will get short shrift from me and I change anyway. It's the principle of the thing. If they cannot offer their customers a good deal to start with, then they can get stuffed.

Im with that opinion as well. I expect to pay a reasonable price for a reasonable product. Not the cheapest by any means. The attitude that we are somehow lazy for not shopping around each year is alien to me, however as soon as they try to stich me up I'm gone and will never return. Will these companies ever get this concept?

Ditto - what happened to loyalty. I used to just let them auto renew until this year. My AA renewal came up at about £172(2 people, any vehicle) then I saw online I could get it as a new customer for £117. I phoned them up and they said the £117 was for new customers only so I said cancel mine and I will sign up again. :) After a short pause I got it for £117. I will never auto renew on anything from now on.

I dont buy this argument of getting a renewal and then having a discussion with the insurer about price matching other insurers. If they can offer a better price why didnt they just do it first time. Sounds like they are trying it on to see if they can get away with it. I just cancel and move out of principle in these circumstances.

My sentiments exactly. Why can't they just give the best price first. I never insure with them again.

We have caravan Insurance through the Caravan Club our premium has never gone up. There service we have found second to none and would not change.

Elddis Crusader Storm with Kia Sorento XS

Joys of European Caravanning

I would of thought the letters are coming from the insurance company as CC only offer insurance.

I only keep my CC for insurance certainly not to pay their site fees far cheaper on family run sites that are equally as good. So if mine goes up I will be canceling mine

Dave

Dave you are probably right the letters were all on CC headed paper but if I had taken more notice the phone number to contact them would have more than likely been the insurance companies. We only keep our membership up for the cl's however we have used them less and less due to health problems but we were away last week at a C&CC site with the age concession and it was a bargain. We are looking at heading off to Devon or Cornwall in May or June and commercial sites will be our first choice now.

I've had 2 letters in the last week from the CC. I saved over a third this year by going with the C&CC(£100). I will try their car insurance deal this year, if it's still on, whereby they promise to beat your renewal.

I will ask for a quote first, as I have a good deal with no voluntry excess at the moment, so I expect them to be expensive, but I always hope to be surprised :)

Our van was insured with the CC until about 3 years ago and moved to Towergate who were much cheaper.

Thought I would give the CC another shot at it this year, dead in the water, £100 more than Towergate on a like for like basis.

Do you have to be a member of the C&CC to get insured by them?

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Our van was insured with the CC until about 3 years ago and moved to Towergate who were much cheaper.

Thought I would give the CC another shot at it this year, dead in the water, £100 more than Towergate on a like for like basis.

I thought it was the same as the CC and you needed to be a member but I am not sure now. If you follow the link there is an option to tick member or not whether it stops you going further if you are not a member I don't know, give it a try.

Dave

https://quotes2. clubcareinsurance. co. uk/Products/Tourers/Tourers_PersonalDetails. aspx

I tend to stay with the CC as its reasonably priced in comparisson to the rest, (probably slightly more expensive) but the main reason i stay is that i had the unfortunate experience of having to claim for a repair to the sidewall of my new van a few years ago and they were excellent. No fuss, just sorted it out.

Then again, if it starts going up significantly, i may have to look elsewhere

Sterling Elite Emerald

We've been with CC for 8 years and the premium has remained the same for the last 3. It's only slightly over £140 for £8,000 caravan value but excludes contents (covered by home insurance). I also like the more relaxed (and realistic) attitude to locks etc. When we were with caravanguard I always felt they would wriggle out of any claim if we didn't festoon the van with wheelclamps etc even for a couple of minutes.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

No, I am not a member, but I think you get 10% off if you are. Think you have to be a member of the CC for their insurance though.

I use a broker & they do the leg work, I check comparison sites but can't fault the brokers prices & the quality of the cover :)

If I have a problem they will negotiate with the insurance company too

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

No, I am not a member, but I think you get 10% off if you are. Think you have to be a member of the CC for their insurance though.

Just checked online with the CC. Van insurance is a member only service so you are correct.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

With C&CC and cancelled tracker with no alteration to premium or excess. Found them competitive with a good reputation with claims. Cancelled membership of caravan club this year only used Black Horse for crossing and last year went on afternoon crossing and overnighted at Val D'Authie much easier than getting up early or being disturbed by others leaving. Extra £42 to spend on wine

Bailey Indiana S. 6 and Hyundai i800 auto