Loire Valley

can anyone give me any good sites in france not lower down then the loire valley, ist time for us, could do with advice on the crossing and stops etc, 2 adults only, would be grateful for any advice.

Regard Dode.

can anyone give me any good sites in france not lower down then the loire valley, ist time for us, could do with advice on the crossing and stops etc, 2 adults only, would be grateful for any advice.

Regard Dode.

hiya, welcome - my advice would be go a bit further down for the weather!!! we went to the vendee our first time into france, enjoyed it but warmer weather would have been nice!!!! we are now regulars to the south of france, its sooooo easy.

good luck with it

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Cracking municipal at Le Fleche, good area not far from Tours

Edited by MalH

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

thanks to you both, have been looking at Le Fleche, using the tunnel.

Try Montloue Caravan site, Mellac Brittany. Its and adult only CL style site, six pitches run by a lovely English couple. We went into Saint Malo on the overnight ferry, at the site by midday. Read the reviews on UK Campsite.

Regard Dode.

Guess it really depends on what you want from a site. There are literally thousands in France and it is very well geared up for camping and caravanning. Sites with all water slides, kids clubs etc will obviously at that time of year be busy with family holidaymakers and smaller sites without the facilities (or as many) may appeal to more adult only type holiday makers

Coming down from Yorks you also have the choice of crossings as to whether you use the Dover Calais end routes ie including Tunnel, or more westerly crossings which will take you into places like St Malo, Cherbourg etc that will maybe make more sense if looking at Brittany for instance, despite the extra crossing cost, lots can be saved in fuel and tolls

If looking at the Loire then Calais works fine and is easy drive down from there

Once you have the type of site and maybe area to look at then you may get some more relevant type suggestions for that

area?

Useful sites are

http://www. viamichelin. co. uk/

http://about-france. com/travel. htm

If you are a member of CC or C&CC consider using their overseas travel service as often prices can be very competitive

If you use Tesco and collect Tesco rewards consider using Tunnel as you get 3x the face value

Good luck and enjoy - its a wonderful country to explore when camping or caravanning

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

August 2 weeks, 10 nights on site.

The 2 sites I was going to recommend were: La Citadelle at Loches and Lac du Main at Angers as they do good deals with Camping Cheques; BUT you can't use them in high season when you are going!

• 1 month later...