Awning Heater

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good portable gas heater that we can use in the awning.

any advice appreciated

annie

I don't think a gas heater in the awning is safe. The fire risk is awful. The poisonous exhaust fumes is another matter.

Ern

If you are on an electric hook up, then a 2kW fan heater will do the job.

This is what we used in our tent: http://www. argos. co. uk/static/Product/partNumber/4152174. htm

Quite quiet, adjustable thermostat setting and a base cut out, in case it gets knocked over. £9. 99.

There is no point in paying more for a fan heater, or any heater, this one does everything you will ever require of it.

2kW of heat output, is 2kW of heat output, no matter what the heater, whether fan, oil filled or panel.

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

We have the same and it works great turn the stat down a little and we can sit in the awning quite happily on a night. If you have it on all the time it gets to hot.

Swift Freestyle S6 TD Pulled by a Land Rover Discovery 3 or SWMBO's Freelander 2.

Don't mean to be a wet blanket but if it is too cold to sit in the awning we sit in the van. This way we are not trying to heat the whole site. On a more positive note I have seen halogen heaters used in awnings and they give direct heat plus normally shut off if tipped over.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Don't mean to be a wet blanket but if it is too cold to sit in the awning we sit in the van. This way we are not trying to heat the whole site. On a more positive note I have seen halogen heaters used in awnings and they give direct heat plus normally shut off if tipped over.

:goodpost: Good post!!!

But then spoilt by the reference to that halogen heater!!! :D

If it's to cold to sit in the awning. .. migrate into the 'van!!

Save the planet!!! :ph34r:

G.

Ah, the heating the awning debate!! :D

We no longer use an awning with the kids being that bit older yet taking up less space with their stuff but when we had a full heavy awning years ago when they had the buggy, push along cars, scooters etc when they were in bed settling down we'd sometimes sit in the awning just to let them bunk down for the night and if needed have a halogen heater.

The awning was normally only for my morning cuppa whilst they were all asleep or storing stuff.

Compass Shadow 1988

We've used a calor heater in the past when we had get-togethers, bullfinch_superglow_without_banner.jpg

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I love my kids. .. if I'm lucky enough to meet them I'm sure I'll love my Grand Kids!!!

Think of the future generations everyone. ... don't burn what we have (just to get comfortable in an environment (awning) that doesn't lend itself to heating) at the expense of those that are still to inherit the earth!!!

I'm normally quite mild mannered and accommodating. .. but gennies and awning heaters really do push my buttons as an unnecessary waste of the resources we have today that may not be available to our future generations!!

Sorry, but it is heartfelt!

G.

but what about tomorrows generation?

wind & tidal generation is the answer - or so we're told

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Call me cynical but I feel once we have used up the fossil fuels the owners of said rights to the fuel who are now making all the money. Will release the next generation of fuels. I believe that the fuel is already available but won't be used till everything else is used up and total profit made from it.

Terry.

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

A 2kw fan heater will be fine, although the halogen heaters are easier on electric and give the light to give the warm feeling as well. We put the kids in the awning with the TV and they say that 1. 2kw feels warmer than the 2kw with the warm placebo effect. Take an old sheet with you and peg it up across half the awning to save heating it all

:goodpost: Good post!!!

But then spoilt by the reference to that halogen heater!!! :D

If it's to cold to sit in the awning. .. migrate into the 'van!!

Save the planet!!! :ph34r:

G.

:goodpost:

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Heating the awning with electric is ok but a lot of sites now are installing prepaid meters, which means you will be paying to heat the awning!!!

Heating the awning with electric is ok but a lot of sites now are installing prepaid meters, which means you will be paying to heat the awning!!!

That's part of the reason sites are installing meters!

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Oh I will be so glad when they do, then I will only pay for my own measly use and not for the I paid for it so I will use it brigade, if you want to sit outside get a tent and light a camp fire, I would much rather be inside than sitting in a cold awning,

Rod.

Avondale Mayfly and Renault Scenic 1. 9tdi

Heat the person not the space, buy some fleeces

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Heat the person not the space, buy some fleeces

geoff

:goodpost: Some people are so shellfish!!!! LOL!

SWMBO has one of these for inside the 'van. .. http://www. amazon. co. uk/Adult-snuggle-wrap-blanket-sleeves/dp/B002SQDLUK

But her's is much more tasteful!!!

G.

Does anybody use electric blankets in the awning in the evening? - Can make watching some awning TV or reading a book very cosy :) Low power usage and directed heat output. ..

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Buy a Onsie, so many people do not wrap them selves up enough.

Yeh! you will be paying, instead of everyone else paying for you. :angry: