Grey Waste Water

Timanita

Hi all,

Just a query, when a site says their super pitch has a grey waste drain on the pitch, is that supposed to mean. you can drop you waste water pipe into the drain so you don't need the waste master or does it mean you have a waste master emptying point on you pitch. ....?

Thanks

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

Yup it means take a longer pipe and leave your waste carrier at home.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

Generally it means that you can use a waste hose directly from the outlet on the caravan to the waste point.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Ok I'm on a site, and the waste drain is built on a concrete kerb so is higher than the pipe from our van. .......

WRONG THAT INIT. ...guess who didn't bring his waste master

We have found that as well - the 'drop' from the caravan to the waste point is not enough and the water drains very slowly.

So we always take the wastemaster in case!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Ok I'm on a site, and the waste drain is built on a concrete kerb so is higher than the pipe from our van. .......

WRONG THAT INIT. ...guess who didn't bring his waste master

What site are you on?

Talk to the site operator and ask for their help.

They may have a spare waste container or may be able to find a way to connect you or even move you to a more suitable pitch

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

We have found that as well - the 'drop' from the caravan to the waste point is not enough and the water drains very slowly.

So we always take the wastemaster in case!

good post. ...

We're only here for the weekend so we'll get by. ....just didn't know what the norm was. ......

Want go without the waste master ever again though. ...still learning. ....

I have found the high kerb around a grey water drain a problem once or twice.

By running the pipe as high as possible I have managed all except once.

We went to our favourite site having booked a fully serviced pitch as usual,

only to find, the grey water drain now had a high kerb around it. We had left the

waste tank at home so I spoke to the warden, he took one look and borrowing my

2lb hammer gently tapped one side away. Service!post-60900-0-86099500-1394878322_thumb.jpg

http://www. care-avan. co. uk/superpitch. html

We had a grey water waste on our site in France last year. When I pointed out to the site manager that the one at the side of our van was for our neighbour he pointed to a brown plastic drain stuck out of the ground. He then took my grey plastic pipe and stuffed it down the drain pipe which was for the large static van to the rear of our van. After a few days of the water not draining very well and a rather unpleasant smell, I decided to investigate. When I pulled my grey waste pipe out of the brown plastic drain it was covered in POO. He had put ours into the toilet waste for the static. When asked about the drain he said a drain is a drain. I cut the end of my waste pipe off and then fortunately for us our friends were on the next pitch to us and we managed to fit 2 drain pipes into one drain. We wondered why we had a nasty smell in the van as well.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

The French don't really understand the concept of drains like we English do.

Even when they provide a gully or a pipe, it invariably leads straight to the nearest river. Usually discharging just upstream of the place where everyone swims. ...........