We Get Our Caravan Tomorrow!

sparklygirl

So excited, we collect our caravan tomorrow and have it towed to our seasonal pitch. ................. I can't wait. I am fully prepared to step back and let hubby do the things he feels the need to do, ie set stuff up. Otherwise it may result in arguments! What should I prepare for?!

So it that how it goes in your van, other way round I expect with my wife setting up everything. We get our first caravan on the 29th and I'm counting the days, we'll be touring unlike yourself.

I can't tell you what to prepare for as I have no idea either, however we can hope to spend quiet time with our family and letting our worries go away.

Good luck!

. .......What should I prepare for?!

Take it slowly, you don't have a train to catch. Any queries then ask your neighbours. Take chairs and a table and the important bottle of wine and. .......the corkscrew!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Enjoy and let us know how you get on. Remember a notepad and pen for your remember next time list.

2015 ABI ASHCROFT EXCL

We are going away in our first caravan for the first time later today. I'm a little nervous. My teenage daughter is not so smitten with the idea and posted the type of vehicle she would like to go away in. Think 'meet the fockers' with Robert de niro. Anyway our 8 year old is very excited.

So happy for you too, pick mine up next Saturday. Hope you have a great time as we have had in ours, didn't think I'd ever talk her into changing our old van for a new one :)

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

So excited, we collect our caravan tomorrow and have it towed to our seasonal pitch. ................. I can't wait. I am fully prepared to step back and let hubby do the things he feels the need to do, ie set stuff up. Otherwise it may result in arguments! What should I prepare for?!

Rain,snow and hurricanes :rolleyes:

The light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

Rain,snow and hurricanes :rolleyes:

"Cheerful Charlie" e'h?..........Oh, the original one was from Chester I believe.

We're off this afternoon on our second ever trip, new van bought a month ago.

JUST TAKE IT EASY. .........THE ONLY RUSH IS TO OPEN THE BOOZE. ...

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

I've got to wait till 17th April to pick up our brand spanking new sterling was going to px my motorhome sold it in stead last Saturday so feels like a long wait I was booked out last weekend this weekend but can't go anless in a tent

Pick up my new 2014 Sterling Eccles Sport from Highbridge Caravans on 21st March. Getting near now. Then away at Easter.

Andrew

We are getting our new Unicorn Vigo tomorrow. Peggy is with the dealer as they are swapping the mover f. o. c. Then homez and put the stuff in-currently filling our garage!

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Take it slowly, you don't have a train to catch. Any queries then ask your neighbours. Take chairs and a table and the important bottle of wine and. .......the corkscrew!

:goodpost: Definitely don't forget the wine the corkscrew and a couple of glasses. Most of all enjoy

Cleaning the House while the kids are at home is like clearing snow with it still snowing

VW Touareg + Bailey Verona = Happy Family :)

Provisional delivery date for mine is 18th March but still no confirmation from the dealer. Getting impatient!

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

Exciting getting your first van! We had to write a procedure list of everything to check and do when setting up and packing away and we're always paranoid about leaving roof lights open or aerials up! Enjoy all!!

Still awaiting our delivery date! Manufacturers are running three weeks late!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Oh wow, thanks for all the replies. We came back today. Loved every minute of it, yes hubby does all the tinkering around he even made all the meals. That never happens at home so I'm enjoying it for now!
We got all set up but we felt real amateurs when all the other happy campers arrived with wood to site their vans on and setting up decking. Its to stop the van sinking or something. ............. Oh well something to do next time we go. Made a few new friends and even our little dog was well behaved.
Why didn't we do this sooner? Oh I also have a list longer than my arm of things we "need" from food bags to a little hoover. Oh and we did forget the wine glasses so we had prosecco in mugs, classy!

Best of luck to those still awaiting their first outing!

If your van is new keep checking for all the faults that come about

"Oh ye of little faith!!!!!" :)

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

just come back from a long weekend in Derbyshire ( lickpenny site ) brilliant to get out for the first time, weather reasonable managed to cycle two trails. The site has an offer throughout 2014, you can pitch up for 4 weeks ( EHU ) provided you stay for at least 2 nights ( £38 ) then the other non stay nights are £3 per day, so we have left the caraven there for the next 4 weeks and paid £212 ( low season ) for the period, we only live 30 miles from the site so were off every friday evening for the next 4 weeks, can't wait . Also booked 4 weeks in july £254 ( high season ). I dont consider this to be too much to pay, considering dragging the caravan back home putting it into an awkward park-up spot, emptying it etc, etc.

just come back from a long weekend in Derbyshire ( lickpenny site ) brilliant to get out for the first time, weather reasonable managed to cycle two trails. The site has an offer throughout 2014, you can pitch up for 4 weeks ( EHU ) provided you stay for at least 2 nights ( £38 ) then the other non stay nights are £3 per day, so we have left the caraven there for the next 4 weeks and paid £212 ( low season ) for the period, we only live 30 miles from the site so were off every friday evening for the next 4 weeks, can't wait . Also booked 4 weeks in july £254 ( high season ). I dont consider this to be too much to pay, considering dragging the caravan back home putting it into an awkward park-up spot, emptying it etc, etc.

seems a good deal, might have to add it to out list of places to go in our new caravan.