Coachman Amara 560/4 Awning Options

win

Hi. I'm about to take delivery of a 12 month old Amara 560/4. While looking for a 'new' second hand awning, I considered the option of a porch awning or one of the new 'lightweight' awnings eg. Kampa. As the caravan door is only separated from the lounge window by about 9 inches, this got me to have doubts about whether the 'van could reasonably accommodate such awnings. I'm a bit reluctant to have the awning vertical pole straddle the window in case of damage and I

'm not sure that the curve at the top front of the 'van will allow a pole to be fitted. Has anyone encountered this predicament and more to the point what options are available. Cheers Steve

Hi Steve . ... our Pastie 545 has about 9" between the door and front window, too . ....

and we have a Sunncamp 260 porch awning . ... it fits just fine . .... if well pegged down and the pole is tight . ...

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Hi Pete. Many thanks for the prompt reply. I'll wait for a couple more replies, but so far you've given me the confidence to at least consider a porch - 3/4 awning as an alternative to a full one. Would be nice to know if the 'conventional' fabric awnings are any better fitting than the newer lightweight ones.

All the very best, Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have an Amara / Wanderer 18/4 and have a Kampa 320 porch awning, it is only a couple of feet short each end from a full awning, but is easier to put up than a full awning. I position it just in front of the toilet window and it finishes over the front nearside window. There is a 2 inch foam filler that goes between the upright pole and the body so it does not mark the window. The alternative would be to shift it back to miss the front window, but then it would arrive over the toilet window, sometimes the toilet window is more necessary than the front window.

1976 Conway Corsica TT, 2003 Cabanon Galaxy TT, 1990 ABI Jubilee Ambassador, 2006 Coachman Wanderer 18/4 (Amara 530/4 Special)

2003 Ford Maverick Mk3 2004 Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 TDi 2007 Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 Elegance 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Gx5 2. 3

Kernow Bys Vyken :ph34r: