Caravan Storage Near Barnard Castle Co. Durham

Thestens

Shortly we will be moving to a house between Barnard Castle and Middleton in Teesdale. Unfortunately even though there is plenty of land the access is too narrow to get our Lunar Clubman on the property. We are therefore looking for storage in the area. It doesn't have to be at a recognised storage facility. We presently store near Teesside Airport on a farm so something similar would be OK. Any suggestions please.

Leigh and Melanie Stenson

Does the CC site do storage??

There used to be a farm near Staindrop that did storage as I remember rallying next door. .but that must be 10 years ago. ..it was on the main road into Barney. ..

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I haven't seen any stored on the CC site, don't know if the C&CC site a bit further along do storage.

Jim

Ford Mondeo Zetec 140 TDCi pulling 2010 Swift Challenger 540

Might have a run out that way this weekend as rallying in adjoining Dale. .if so will report back. ..

geoff

Does the CC site do storage??

There used to be a farm near Staindrop that did storage as I remember rallying next door. .but that must be 10 years ago. ..it was on the main road into Barney. ..

geoff

This is still there, just as you pass Startforth village on the left if this is the one you mean Geoff, but it's well past Staindrop, almost into Barney itself. It also has a sign for night halts. I camped here when I left school with 3 mates, as the campsite at Winston would'nt let us in. :rolleyes:

There is one at West Auckland I used to use which is next to the cemetry, but this may be too far for you.

Fairly certain Doe Park doesn't. ...as have never seen any in numerous visits. ....

IF. .repeat IF I pass either of the two Clubs sites this weekend I'll ask if if they know anywhere. ...

geoff

Try Pecknell Farm near Lartington. We use this lovely site quite a lot. A few tourers are kept at the bottom of the field and everyone has to pass through the farm to get access. It is also well back from the road and can not be seen from there. We walk into Barny in about 30mins. Is situated between the two club sites.

Tel 01833 638357

Alan

Swift Challenger 480 and a Nissan X Trail Teckna 2016

Primrose Hill Farm on the A67 out of Barney towards Gainford stores 5 or 6 caravans.

Jim

Lunar Clubman SE Towed by Vauxhall Vivaro containing 6 border collies

The two above look good starters then. ......

geoff

If all else fails there is a great facility at Newton Aycliffe I know its a trek but would possible do till you find somewhere nearer to home http://willowtreecaravanstorage. co. uk/

Cleaning the House while the kids are at home is like clearing snow with it still snowing

VW Touareg + Bailey Verona = Happy Family :)

If all else fails there is a great facility at Newton Aycliffe I know its a trek but would possible do till you find somewhere nearer to home http://willowtreecaravanstorage. co. uk/

Hardly much difference to present base distancewise. ...but it has good reputation.

Sorry trip to Barney cancelled due to early start Rugby. ..

Geoff

Thanks SB and Ian. We have stayed at Pecknell, it might do as it is approx 7miles from new home. Interested in the one at Startforth. Any more details?

miJ any more precise info on Primrose Hill Farm?

Sorry, but as usual got the name incorrect. Its not Startforth, but Stainton Grove :blush:

If you come from Staindrop on the A688, its on yout left about 3/4mile from Barney.

sat nav approx coordinates are 54,33,22. 2N and 1,53,40. 8W (deg,mins,secs)

Thanks again Ian had a look on Google Earth there does seem to be some vans stored but space looks pretty tight. The only thing to do is go and have a word. I guess for a couple of hundred pound he might squeeze a little on in.

Sorry taken so long to get back re Primrose Hill Farm - been trying to get you a telephone number, but so far have been unable.

If you are interested, if you drive out of Barney on the A67 towards Darlington, go past the Jersey Farm Hotel on your left, past the turn to Winston on your right, & it's about another 1/2 mile or so on your left. If you type the postcode DL2 3AB into Google Maps you should see it.

The only way I found out about it is that they host dog agility shows there & I saw them stored on a bit of land around the side of the farm buildings.

Cheers,

Jim

Lunar Clubman SE Towed by Vauxhall Vivaro containing 6 border collies

Thanks again Ian had a look on Google Earth there does seem to be some vans stored but space looks pretty tight. The only thing to do is go and have a word. I guess for a couple of hundred pound he might squeeze a little on in.

Only a few in 2 weeks ago at the bottom of the field so you may be in luck. Google earth can be a few years out.

You are right 3Star I believe it shows a caravan on our drive and we only do that the night before we go away. It is never there longer than 2 nights.

Now tracked down Hetherick Caravan park at Kinninvie about 5 miles from where we are moving to. Contacted and they replied storage OK at £140 a year. Seems very reasonable will probably take them up on it . We dont have to move the van until end of May so will ask local farmers firsr as they would be more convenient.