Sign in to follow this  
Caravanner1

Don't Disrespect The Green Oval

Neither it was a RR you know the best 4x4 by far and the subject of this thread ☺☺☺☺

Phil

Edited by phil1041

Did you see the Merc stuck on the hill on last video ;)

Merc?? Who mentioned them??

Whats the subject of this thread ? Cmon fellas keep up !!

Phil

:lol:

Edited by phil1041

a RR you know the best 4x4 by far and the subject of this thread ☺☺☺☺

Phil

Nicely said Phil.

Neither it was a RR you know the best 4x4 by far. ....Phil

True.

Chuckle.

• Like 1

Talking of chuckle listen to the guy filming this you know the british car that s not supposed to get stuck ☺☺

https://youtu. be/K053KWIEcL8

Phil

Apparantly the rr that got stuck on the beach was on a programme called the inpectors on itv cant access the itv hub from here in sunny spain but if you want a laugh check it out it was hilarious especialy the guys wife!!

Now then you lot were gonna tell me why lr have stopped using that best 4x4xfar claim ??

Right time for bed golf in the am before it gets too hot ttfn!!

Phil.

Edited by phil1041

Talking of chuckle listen to the guy filming this you know the british car that s not supposed to get stuck ☺☺

Phil

That's what happens if you give a novice the best 4x4xfar and fit summer tyres for speed on the autobahn instead of proper tyres ;)

You know somehow i knew it would be either the tyres fault or the driver!!.or i was wondering if it was the wrong kind of snow!!

You lot never fail☺☺

Right golf course awaits must crack 90 today ttfn. !!

Phil.

Edited by phil1041

I would like to see a Merc with winter tyres get out of same situation :lol:

I saw that clip years ago on rrsport forum and we all had a laugh - raise suspension, switch to snow mode and turn off dsc no problem but then it was probably a set up by BMW or MB to generate some social media coverage ;)

Phil

Oh dear. ..

That certainly wouldn't stop my stealth 4x4 estate car.

I would like to see a Merc with winter tyres get out of same situation :lol:

I saw that clip years ago on rrsport forum and we all had a laugh - raise suspension, switch to snow mode and turn off dsc no problem but then it was probably a set up by BMW or MB to generate some social media coverage ;)

Great vids Muddy . .... we pick up our DS in the morning . ... no snow forecast, like we had yesterday, just a bit of ice . ...

Looking forward to it . ....

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

Pete - I really liked my FL2s but always felt it lacked something - the DS has made up for it in spades :D

I was worried after 2 RRSs I may be disappointed but not at all - I wish the DS had been available before I wasted all my hard earned cash on the RRSs :blush:

We went down to 1 car few years ago but starting to look for something like this for me so SWMBO can use the DS for work (she wouldn't drive the RRS) :wub:

LR.jpg

LR2.jpg

Hope you have a smooth handover tomorrow and enjoy B)

Edited by Muddywheels

Hi Muddy . ... Polly's really sad to see the F/L2 . ... go . .... it's got her through some really tricky driving conditions . .... snow/ice/floods . .... not to mention all the pot-holes . ....

Nice looking Series 11A and 3 BTY . ....

Yeap, all goes smoothly, tomorrow . .... and we are getting the "wrong" car . ....

Cheers

Pete

Ah - sorry I just twigged on the wrong car :blush:

SWMBO used to drive the FL2 and really liked it but wouldn't drive the RRS - she picked the RRS on looks - I wanted a D4 :rolleyes:

Yeap, the Dealer came around to my way of thinking with the "wrong" car . ... so we are getting some extras . ... for nowt . ... just about . ...

Polly won't drive my Defender . .... says it's too big . ...!!!!???

Pete

Glad the dealer came through - I've been there too - only thing that's spoiled my ownership is poor dealers and JLR customer service :(

Brilliant vehicles though :)

• Like 1

Just had an e-mail through, setting up the Land Rover InControl stuff . ... getting excited now . ....

Pete

Good for you Pierre and I hope you enjoy your new purchase lives up to your expectations. :) .

The wife is just at a crossroads as whether to swap her Defender 110 D/C for a Range Rover Sport.

Be interesting to see what you and other owners think of their DS's after a few months use.

Glad the dealer came through - I've been there too - only thing that's spoiled my ownership is poor dealers and JLR customer service :(

What would you be happy towing with it muddy? Would it cope with a big T/A?

If I still had the Storm I'd of given it a go :)

The dealer we bought our 110 from was probably the worst we've dealt with (although a Vx dealer was similarly poor) but the one we sold it to (Roger Young) was probably the best I've dealt with. Genuinely made me want another LR even though ours had been a pain.

For some reason the earlier post didn't display the last 2 videos correctly so Phil asked me to post them again :ph34r:

Enjoy. ..... :lol:

Edited by Muddywheels
  • Like 1

Just realised I missed part of the clip so corrected that

• Like 1

Looks like they're just getting the Defender ready to tow the bus. :):)

What exactly are we supposed to be watching then?

Phil