Don't Disrespect The Green Oval

I may have to wait a bit longer for the Series 2 :(

Couldn't help myself - I picked this up last Friday :wub:

DSC_0034b.jpg

It won't tow but I still have the Mitsy for that. ............... and winter :lol:

• Like 1

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good point Disco4 - just saying adios amigos - caravan gone and now LR going - it's a cruel world   I will try and keep dropping in though to referee

Compliments of the season to all Green Oval respecters and dis-respecters alike have a great Christmas men.

No problem, we've managed without you thus far!

Posted Images

But would you want to drive couple of hundred miles in it ;)

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

What in the blue one, not likely, only joking.

Think about 150 miles is the most we have done in ours, steady away, wasn't that much fun on the motorway, especially with the caravan on. Converted it to 200tdi power and fitted a new overdrive a while ago, cruises at 70 nicely now.

Mark

• Like 1

Yorkshire Series 2 Club did a coast to coast at weekend but I couldn't join them - hopefully next year if things go to plan although it will only be for a local stage - not the whole run :o

They are braver than me :D

post-49019-0-51304500-1504560600_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Proper towing machine.  ;)

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

Had to smile, my pal recently bought a S2a. They came to visit yesterday, first long trip they have made in it about 45 miles. It’ll be up for sale next week. He drove home alone while I drove his wife and dog back. She will not get in it again as “ too cold, uncomfortable and dangerously slow”. He wonders what he ever saw in it. He did ask me what the Defenders were like. .....should I tell him?

10 hours ago, mark68 said:

There's nothing wrong with a 2a with a few modifications.

Landy and Caravan.jpg

blimey! Does that outfit go on the road or is the car just used to move caravans off the field?

To be honest, I dare not pull the laser on the road with the landy, it just looks so, so wrong, too short and too narrow, although we used to pull a Pageant Champagne with it, didn't used to go too far about 100miles.

Mark

See the best tug in the world is sitting there just over the NS front wing.  ;)

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

1 hour ago, Griff said:

That's not a shogun :ph34r:

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

2 hours ago, Woodie106 said:

That's not a shogun :ph34r:

Or a Sorento, or Sante Fe, or an Outlander or Subaru. ............

12 hours ago, Griff said:

What the black thing, that's my dads, no doubt it is a good tug, cannot comment on its reliability though.

• 5 months later...

Didn't want to start a new thread so I've resurrected this one. My mates 2010 RR sport has just bitten the dust. He was off to collect his caravan a couple of weeks ago when it broke down on him. His breakdown service put it down to a broken fuel pump. Fortunately his wife drives a Hyundai santa fe so they towed the van with that and had their week away thinking they'd sort the RR when they got home.  

Anyway back to his Range Rover. Garage tested his fuel pump & found it was working, so they started to look for what was wrong. Few days ago they called him to say they'd found what was wrong, but that he should sit down before they told him. Not good news he thought. Turns out there is a split in his engine block between two cylinders. It's trashed both cylinders & they suspect that is not the full extent of the damage but to investigate further will just cost more money. So basically he needs a new engine. His car has a full service history & less than 60,000 on the clock. Now he's stuck between a rock & a hard place as he's spent the best part of a grand on it already & he hasn't got the money to just stick a new engine in as he's been quoted anything from £3k to £6k for the job & they're trying to buy a new house so most of their money is tied up in that.  

Not a good situation to find yourself. in :(

Edited by Woodie106

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

On 27/11/2017 at 07:57, Tuningdrew said:

Had to smile, my pal recently bought a S2a. They came to visit yesterday, first long trip they have made in it about 45 miles. It’ll be up for sale next week. He drove home alone while I drove his wife and dog back. She will not get in it again as “ too cold, uncomfortable and dangerously slow”. He wonders what he ever saw in it. He did ask me what the Defenders were like. .....should I tell him?

What did they really expect from a utility vehicle produced between  1961 and '71 making it 47 to 57 years old ?

Can never understand the folk that buy them then complain about speed and creature comforts .

Defender 90  cruising along with a Coachman Laser 640/4.  :)

On 01/05/2018 at 20:21, Woodie106 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread so I've resurrected this one. My mates 2010 RR sport has just bitten the dust. He was off to collect his caravan a couple of weeks ago when it broke down on him. His breakdown service put it down to a broken fuel pump. Fortunately his wife drives a Hyundai santa fe so they towed the van with that and had their week away thinking they'd sort the RR when they got home.  

Anyway back to his Range Rover. Garage tested his fuel pump & found it was working, so they started to look for what was wrong. Few days ago they called him to say they'd found what was wrong, but that he should sit down before they told him. Not good news he thought. Turns out there is a split in his engine block between two cylinders. It's trashed both cylinders & they suspect that is not the full extent of the damage but to investigate further will just cost more money. So basically he needs a new engine. His car has a full service history & less than 60,000 on the clock. Now he's stuck between a rock & a hard place as he's spent the best part of a grand on it already & he hasn't got the money to just stick a new engine in as he's been quoted anything from £3k to £6k for the job & they're trying to buy a new house so most of their money is tied up in that.  

Not a good situation to find yourself. in :(

RRS will be a 3. 0  V6, if he’s getting a new engine for 3 to 6k I’d be concerned, new engine from LR is round the 10k mark, plus fitting putting you around the 16k mark. Refurbed units are very iffy, parts such as crankshafts are not available, so many tales of back street refurbished lasting a few hundred miles.

If the RRS service history is Land Rover franchised then I would have a go at LR Customer Relations department for a contribution towards the engine replacement.

The £6K quote would be for a second hand engine, which is a bit of a pig in a poke.

• Like 1

Land Rover having a rest.

6 hours ago, ad210358 said:

RRS will be a 3. 0  V6, if he’s getting a new engine for 3 to 6k I’d be concerned, new engine from LR is round the 10k mark, plus fitting putting you around the 16k mark. Refurbed units are very iffy, parts such as crankshafts are not available, so many tales of back street refurbished lasting a few hundred miles.

What's a 2010 RRS worth? Wouldn't be worth doing would it? 

Car has full service history, but not sure it's full dealer history, it might be. Will mention to him about contacting LR to see what they say, though he may well have already done that.  

A bit left field but if LR want so much money for a replacement Peugeot boat anchor why not have a word with NeneOverland about having a nice V8 fitted instead?😈

On 04/05/2018 at 08:00, Woodie106 said:

What's a 2010 RRS worth? Wouldn't be worth doing would it? 

Car has full service history, but not sure it's full dealer history, it might be. Will mention to him about contacting LR to see what they say, though he may well have already done that.  

LR I doubt will want to know, even if you buy via the approved route, the extended warranty that LR provide via Car Care won’t even cover you as they say it’s a known fault, which LR refuse to accept, know of of a three year old D4 with 30k on the clock, three weeks out of warranty with a snapped crank, LR don’t want to know, luckily the owner was wise enough to take up a warranty with Warranty Direct that started as his LR Warranty ended they are picking up the bill.

One route you could suggest, buy a 3. 0 Litre Jag, to use as a donor?

Edited by ad210358