Don't Disrespect The Green Oval

I hear the X5 is well regarded and is very reliable. It isn't particularly good off road when the going gets above a green route, same with the Audi and Merc but not everyone needs that sort of ability. Good luck with it and I'd be interested to see how you get on with it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good point Disco4 - just saying adios amigos - caravan gone and now LR going - it's a cruel world   I will try and keep dropping in though to referee

Compliments of the season to all Green Oval respecters and dis-respecters alike have a great Christmas men.

No problem, we've managed without you thus far!

Posted Images

I've only gone and bought an X5

We will see if it's any good

Good luck with it mate, will you be starting a do not disrespect the BMW thread now?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Good luck with it mate, will you be starting a do not disrespect the BMW thread now?

Phil.

I will if i like it :blink::blink: :blink: !!!! initial signs good. not towed yet.

• Like 1

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Hi Muddy

I'm about to buy another RRS and give up my reliable but unexciting towrag. Have had previous experience and local main dealer is a sweetheart! Just saying cos there is always a different side to every story - just look at Phil - he likes mercs! ;)

If your local main dealer is who I think it is. .. i bought my car from them but it wasn't the most pleasant car buying experience I've ever had. Their price for its first service was ludicrously high and all in all I think they are shysters*. As a result, my car has never ever graced their service department and probably never will.

I go to the dealer in Sheffield where service has been second to none in every respect.

*they have since been subsumed into the Farnell Group and may have changed for the better

Edited by happynomad

Now that Land Rover has ceased the production of proper Land Rovers and have changed to making Chelsea tractors for Mothers doing the school run, hairdressers and male ballet dancers, there is nothing to recommend in buying their product. Much better to choose a manufacturer who has real confidence in their product that they are happy to offer a five or seven year warranty.

• Like 2

Now that Land Rover has ceased the production of proper Land Rovers and have changed to making Chelsea tractors for Mothers doing the school run, hairdressers and male ballet dancers, there is nothing to recommend in buying their product. Much better to choose a manufacturer who has real confidence in their product that they are happy to offer a five or seven year warranty.

If one wants to read nonsense, this is certainly the thread for it. Landrover have been building and very successfully selling a number of models for many years. They haven't 'just' changed from - to anything. Rather they have discontinued a single (but iconic) model that would very soon fail to meet the increasingly stringent European safety standards and just as all manufacturers do, have evolved their range of vehicles for the market sector at which they are aimed. There will in due course, even be an all new, more relevant Defender replacement to fill the current gap at the utility end of the range.

Whatever one's personal thoughts are about Land Rover they are, by any measure, a massive success story in the the car building world.

• Like 2

At one point they were the most successful car manufacturer in the world ISTR.

Point is the Chelsea tractor as you put it is extremely capable off road and very talented at just about everything else you ask it to do.

School run, hairdressers and ballet dancers don't but Korean cars then??

If your local main dealer is who I think it is. . . i bought my car from them but it wasn't the most pleasant car buying experience I've ever had. Their price for its first service was ludicrously high and all in all I think they are shysters*. As a result, my car has never ever graced their service department and probably never will.

I go to the dealer in Sheffield where service has been second to none in every respect.

*they have since been subsumed into the Farnell Group and may have changed for the better

Bought it from Williams in Manchester

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Bought it from Williams in Manchester

My post was re SamD's local dealer rather than Williams in Manchester though. .. I know nothing of Williams as Manchester is a little far for routine servicing.

• Like 1

. ................................ making Chelsea tractors for Mothers doing the school run, hairdressers and male ballet dancers, . ....................................

I don't fit any of those groups . .

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Here are the winners of Mudfest 2017:

Compact Utility Vehicle: 2017 Jeep Compass Trailhawk

Premium Compact Utility Vehicle: 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack S 4Motion

Family Utility Vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester 2. 5i Touring

Premium Mid- or Full-size Utility Vehicle: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Extreme Capability Utility Vehicle: 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury

Pickups: 2017 Ford Raptor Super Cab

Best Overall, NWAPA’s Outdoor Activity Vehicle of the Year: 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury

http://www. heraldnet. com/life/rain-shine-and-plenty-of-car-truck-suv-fun-at-mudfest-2017/

So there you have it. It's the most competent off roader despite having killed off the "real off roader".

• Like 1

Best Overall, NWAPAs Outdoor Activity Vehicle of the Year: 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury

http://www. heraldnet. com/life/rain-shine-and-plenty-of-car-truck-suv-fun-at-mudfest-2017/

So there you have it. It's the most competent off roader despite having killed off the "real off roader".

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Best Overall, NWAPAs Outdoor Activity Vehicle of the Year: 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

WHAT. ...... 😳😳😳

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

The end is nigh. . . .. . .. . .. . :o

https://youtu. be/o58stoJJ5No

:lol:

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

icon_offtopic.gifHe was a Castleford fan I guess. Eddie will be turning in his grave. Nasty punch though, he should have been sent off.

I think you will find that it is very good :D especially with 306bhp to tap.

Phil.

Everyone disrespects BMW's anyway, so no point in starting a new thread :)

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

WHAT. . . .. . . 😳😳😳

Yup. ....

Yup. . . ..

Speechless 😶😶😶

Speechless 😶😶😶

Towed the van this morning, sweet as.

Didn't show it any wet grass though!

Can't say i blame you for going german - we've decided if we are changing cars from now on its got to be jap or german.

Had American & French for the last few years & build quality was appalling.

Now have on our drive a VW Golf & a Mitsubishi Shogun, with a Mini Countryman arriving in the next 10 days or so (ok so mini is not strictly german as they are made in holland but with bmw quality control)

Edited by Woodie106
  • Haha 1

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Towed the van this morning, sweet as.

Didn't show it any wet grass though!

So it should!

Change of tyres needed? The Treg will get some proper rubber when it's due rather than the summer ones it was fitted with!

• 3 months later...

Thought it's been a bit quiet here so I'd give it a bump ;)

Had a trip to view and test drive a rebuilt S2a the other day - looked gorgeous but scared me to death driving it - managed up to 45 wrestling the steering wheel into some kind of a straight line and then tried to brake at bend :o

Renewed-Stg-Wheel.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

Edited by Muddywheels
  • Like 3

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Driving a tractor at 45 mph your brave ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

That takes me back 45 years when I sat my RAF driving test in one. There was so much slack in the steering box that you had all on just to keep the beast on the road and the gears were a hit and miss affair - more misses than hits, but as they were diesels, any one would do. A fuel tank (and filler) under each front seat meant it always smelt of diesel in the cab - ah, happy days!! Would that one in the photo be a petrol by any chance?

2017 Lunar Solaris 462, Mercedes B200 Exec CDI Auto

It was a petrol ex-military originally used on Shoeburyness Ranges in Essex

It was a civil line production vehicle apparently so apart from vertical front lights everything else was std - 12v, tub filler cap, bumpers etc

Very nice but too many new panels and not enough of the original for me :(