Caravanner1

Don't Disrespect The Green Oval

2 minutes ago, Tuningdrew said:

Our previous two Jimnys were awesome off road, go anywhere a defender would until the ruts got too deep!

No doubting the new Jimny is a great little off roader but it’s too niche for daily use.

Good review on Carwow if you search it on YouTube 

19 hours ago, scotsstag said:

In general Land Rover main dealers IMO are useless, arrogant and down right poor.

I've only ever bought one brand new vehicle from Land Rover, the buying experience was dreadful, the warranty experience was dreadful, when it worked the vehicle was great but I dreaded having to interact with the dealership, even for servicing.

A couple of my problems found their way onto the desk of the dealer principal, he could not have been a more arrogant distasteful person if he'd tried.    Every aspect of the dealer experience was negative and offputting.  

Others may have had a better experience, I can only relate to my own experience. Would not touch them again with my worst enemy's barge pole !!

Edited by jetA1

Chap I know fancied a bit of 'gentle' off roading.   Got a Unimog 😲

On 13/01/2019 at 17:47, Tuningdrew said:

Our previous two Jimnys were awesome off road, go anywhere a defender would until the ruts got too deep!

Dave

Biggest failing with the old Jimmy was it’s narrow track, even standard they don’t half fall on their side easily compared to a Defender. Other than that, amazing little vehicles. I’ve trialled in a Series 111, and a 90, and in a Jimmy. All modified, mind. The Jimmy, with a lift kit, 33” tyres and a much modified steering system was in a different league from the Land Rovers. Apart from on side slopes. ....