12V System Colour Code?

MonkeyMark

Is the 12v systems cabling colour coded in the same way 230v is?

I've been looking at altering a few bits but keep having to check everything via multi meter as they aren't always what I expect them to be.

Is there standardisation with the 12v system?

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Unless it's black for neg and red for pos it's best to check and not assume, I've found different colours in use in our bailey and in a leyland daf horsebox that have no logic at all!

Found this site/shop handy for 12v fittings and cable etc http://www. 12voltplanet. co. uk

Edited by sleepyfolk

I often find 12v systems colours reversed this only affected me when I fitted cheap Chinese L. E. D s,

that are polarity sensitive, the more expensive types adapt themselves.

You should have a wiring diagram in your handbook/service book.

If it's

like mine, its next to useless. Its virtually unintelligible and I am used to reading diagrams and plans.

poolebob

poo.

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Thanks. I'll check my handbook but I'm sure it's a generic one across the range and can't remember any wiring diagrams being in there.

Multi meter it is.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

I've got several wiring digrams for various Bailey's and teven they don't use the same colours from one van to the next.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

There is one thing that is pretty well standard in UK caravans - 0V (i. e. 12V negative) is always white.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville