Are Lunar Delivery Dates Reliable?

Essential

We ordered a new Lunar at the Manchester show at the end of January and were told by the dealer and the Lunar representative that we could expect delivery within 4 weeks.

However, on contacting our dealer once the show had finished, we were given a delivery date in late March which will be 8 weeks from ordering.

I have heard varying reports from people about the realiability of delivery dates quoted by both manufacturers and dealers. Some have said that they have never experienced a delay and others say don't be surprised to have the date pushed back at the 11th hour.

I would be gutted to have our delivery delayed so can anyone vouch for Lunar's reliability?

Our delivery of our new Bailey Pursuit has just been put back a month! Not a happy Bunny!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Sorry can't say, mine was a stock van, built in September 2011 and purchased by us brand new in June 2013, nearly 21 months later!

I suspect the show people are given a production schedule based on what they predict sales will be. However they produce vans in batches of the same layout and if sales aren't as predicted and batches become larger on early models then delays creep in for later models. Plus of course suppliers of parts can cause issues as well.

It's hard to keep all those balls in the air and keep to a schedule.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

If you purchased from Campbells, then the factory is only round the corner and they usually get what they order pretty quick. .......Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

The delay must be when it gets in their premises then! 'Nuff said about that dealer I think before

I gets me knuckles rapped again!

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

We ordered our Clubman SB middle of January 2013 and we received it appx. March 2013. The Dealer was Chichester Caravans and they were up front about delivery times from the start.

Discovery 4 & Lunar Clubman SB.         Sailing close to the wind

We ordered our new Lexon 640 last May, and was told by the dealer we would have van in 3 weeks. 3weeks later we get a phone call to say van at dealers and ready for collection.

Olympus. ...

Lunar Lexon 640 matched to an Antara 2. 2 163 Exclusive.

I too ordered a new Lunar Clubman at the Manchester show and was told it would be built in March. Sure enough it has now been built and I have arranged a date to collect it in early April.

VW Touareg R Line 3. 0 towing a 2018 Lunar Clubman SE 

Thanks for your responses everyone.

A quick trip to Campbells this afternoon confirmed that the 'van has been received (although it isn't on site) and we are still on schedule to collect a week today.

Excited doesn't cover it.

On our fifth Lunar and all of our promised delivery dates have been met. Never had to wait any longer. Had two from Campbells and neither was a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update my original post, we attended for our handover on the specified date and time and we are now the proud owners of a new Lunar Cosmos.

The handover went well (albeit a bit rushed and interrupted several times) and we are more than satisfied with the service we have received from the dealer so far. We spent the weekend getting to know our new 'van on our seasonal pitch and so far so good.