Powrtouch Evolution Side Covers

BrianI

I want to remove the side covers on my Evolution mover to give them a good clean. I understand from the manual that they are a push fit on and should pull off. Has anyone removed them that could give some indication of how much force is required to remove them? Do they need a gentle tap with a hammer?

Brian

It depends on how they have been fitted.

When they are put on there are 3 expanding rivets but the fitters do not push the expander in as they are quite tight anyway.

Have a look at the outer face of your cover, if the 3 holes have a plastic plug near the outer face then they have not been expanded so should just pull off but make sure you pull evenly.

If the plugs have been pushed in then you have two options, tap them right through and pick them up to reuse or drill a small hole in the centre and use a long self tapper to pull them out.

I would try pushing them through first.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

Take a look at this link -

http://www. powrwheel. com/support/evolution/Fitting%20&%20Removing%20The%20Evolution%20Side%20Cover. pdf

The support pages on the powrwheel web site are a mine of information . .. :)

Jim

Lunar Clubman SE Towed by Vauxhall Vivaro containing 6 border collies

• 1 month later...

I had to take mine of this week. I some with Powrtouch and was advised to remove by tapping with a rubber mallet at from the back at each end. Came off fairly easily.