New To Caravanning With Very First Caravan Coachman Genius 500-5

wrx fifer

Hi everyone we are brand new to all this and brand new to the site, so have bought one of these for our very first van, was cheap to see if we like it or not and if we do then we will get a better one, however we never got a handbook or manual or any information as such with it, and with it being our first caravan and knowing ZERO about all this or how anything works at all lol.

my question is does anyone else have one of these? or had one of these? or know anywhere I could download of get a copy of the handbook so we can try and work out how things work like even turning a light on and getting power lol.

all and any help much appreciated!

Grant

I have just posted this, but cant find it anywhere on the site now lol!!!!! only way I got back to here was by clicking back loads of times?

totally new to all this bought our first cheap van and here to learn!!

You can download a handbook from here

http://www. coachman. co. uk/brochures-and-handbooks

This leaflet from the Caravan Club gives the basics on getting started

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/media/968584/getting%20started%20guide. pdf

Brian

Hi and thanks for the info, but I not long went on to the coachman website and I cant seem to find any of their stuff going back any further than year 2000, and this one is older, unless its just me being stupid, but I couldint find anything?

and yeah just tried the second link and I have already got that on the computer lol, however all help is more than welcome as everyone on here bar no one knows more than me at this point, I have been scanning around Google and other places to see if there's a manual for this somewhere just have not found anywhere as of yet.

can find rough towing spec and length and dimensions and all that sort of stuff, but it's the workings of the caravan and how to work stuff I am looking for lol.

Grant

. ...............

I have just posted this, but cant find it anywhere on the site now lol!!!!! only way I got back to here was by clicking back loads of times?

Click on your name in a post then when you see your profile, then click on Posts and you will see your recent posts.

If you can't find your name to click, then go to top right Search box (on any page), put your user name in and select Members.

Also use View New Content below top blue area (at top of every page) on RHS to see ALL recent postings.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

thanks Five star I have sussed it out now, just with being new, was struggling there but got it now, as I could really see this being a haunt of mine seems a mine of information, and I have to say everyone is very helpful!!

very impressed so far.

Grant

Another bit of friendly advice. The star rating above a name relates (I think) to the number of posts. So I am not 5 star but Wispman! My wife thinks I am a 5 star :lol:

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

good information wispman, I was wondering what that was in relation to actually as seen more than one person with it! anyway hopefully someone will come along with information on this caravan for me, as I cant see an archive section on the coachman website that goes back to the nineties with information of any of the older caravans, which to be honest I think is pretty bad!!

so if you can only afford an older one or like me you don't want to spend a blooming fortune on one of their new ones and buy an older one they are not interested in helping anyone or providing any information on them.

Edited by wrx fifer

Handbooks for older caravans tend not to be available for downloading as there were not available digitally when the caravans were new. Try contacting Coachman by telephone and they may be able to help. I contacted Lunar about a year ago for a handbook for an 1993 caravan and they sent me a photocopy free of charge.

I hope that you find what you are looking for.

Buying a cheap first caravan is a wise move that way you can tell whether you are going to enjoy it and secondly which layout works best for you. What you tink might work not always be ideal in practice.

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

I have emailed coachman to see if anything can be supplied and am awaiting a reply, as I really need the handbook to know here fuses are and all sorts of stuff really.

thanks Grant

WRX Fifer

Dont hold your breath waiting for a response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy your new caravan

Arra best

Beetee

"To convince a man against his will he'll be of the same opinion still" Robert Burns 1759-1796

Swift Elegance 645 towcars Audi A6 Allroad 320horses,

We had a 1994 Coachman Genius 500/5, not sure if we can remember many details, but it was a great van. Is there anything specific you need to know?

2017 Swift Elegance 580  towed by 2015 Volvo XC70

We had a 1994 Coachman Genius 500/5, not sure if we can remember many details, but it was a great van. Is there anything specific you need to know?

We also had the same van built as solid as a rock, not like the new ones now.

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger