13Kg Propane Gas Bottles...

judsley

Hi

Can any one help?

I've got a 2010 Swift Challenger 540 and I want to know if a 13KG Propane gas bottle would fit in the front locker? In the past, I've used the 7KG light weight ones which obviously fit easily.

Unfortunately my caravan is some distance away at the moment and so I can't check.

The caravan is to be sited for the season and so it's not the weight I'm asking about, but the physical size of the bottle.

Thanks for any help.

Jon

Nissan X-Trail, Swift Challenger 540 (2010)

If you have a bulkhead regulator fitted you need to keep the gas connection from the cylinder below it. With a 7kg this would be easy but not so easy with a 13kg.

This is to keep any oily deposits getting from the cylinder into the regulator.

If you have a cylinder mounted regulator this does not apply.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

A 13kg fits easily but I wouldn't recommend towing with it there. I lift mine in and out on site.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

If you have a bulkhead regulator fitted you need to keep the gas connection from the cylinder below it. With a 7kg this would be easy but not so easy with a 13kg.

This is to keep any oily deposits getting from the cylinder into the regulator.

If you have a cylinder mounted regulator this does not apply.

Would agree totally. ..

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Hi

As a side issue, there are two types of 13kg Calor cylinder. The width is identical but one is taller than the other. The actual cylinder part is the same, but the neck is a bit longer.

In our motorhome locker, we can get 13kg "short necks" in an out easily, but the long necks, maybe just a couple of inches longer are a battle of wits, will power and lead to a lot of swearing!

Until you have seen a few, you can only really tell the difference when the two are together.

This photo shows short neck versions in the motorhome.

Russpost-15168-0-56748300-1394372172_thumb.jpg

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

• 7 years later...
On 09/03/2014 at 13:36, KontikiKid said:

Hi

As a side issue, there are two types of 13kg Calor cylinder. The width is identical but one is taller than the other. The actual cylinder part is the same, but the neck is a bit longer.

In our motorhome locker, we can get 13kg "short necks" in an out easily, but the long necks, maybe just a couple of inches longer are a battle of wits, will power and lead to a lot of swearing!

Until you have seen a few, you can only really tell the difference when the two are together.

This photo shows short neck versions in the motorhome.

Russpost-15168-0-56748300-1394372172_thumb.jpg

Hi  Can you tell me if these are Calor Gas bottles at all as my husband says they wouldn't fit either of our caravans that we have in storage for family use

9 hours ago, Janpot said:

Hi  Can you tell me if these are Calor Gas bottles at all as my husband says they wouldn't fit either of our caravans that we have in storage for family use

Welcome Janpot - They are Calor yes, it maybe that you need the 6kg (or 7kg if butane) sized bottles depending on the caravan?

Cheers, Martin

Or try Flogas which do a 11Kg and for me are substantially cheaper!