Tunnel / Ferry Alterations When You Change Van

hi all, we are in the process of changing van, we've bought a longer one but have booked ferries and tunnels based on the shorter van - does anyone know how much it will be to alter the booking / do we need to?

the new caravan is about 600mm longer.

thanks

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Brittany Ferries have "upto" lengths of 6,7,8,9 metres. So if for example your van was 7. 1m and you had booked "upto" 8m then the extra 600mm would not have to be declared. Check with your own operator to see if there is a need to report the change.

There is normally an admin charge (£25?) for making a change as well as the increase in price for the longer vehicle, although Brittany Ferries don't charge for admin if you make the change on line at any time before you have paid the balance of the booking.

I've not seen any evidence of tape measures when being loaded onto a ferry, but I'm sure others will have.

Land Rover is now back towing.

I think you would be fine with the Tunnel but a quick phone call to customer services would confirm that.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I have never had to give details of the Caravan when booking Eurotunnel. Only having to state towing a caravan.

Dave

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

We have always had to give dimensions of caravan and car when booking the Tunnel over the past 11 years.

Elddis Crusader Storm with Kia Sorento XS

Joys of European Caravanning

We changed from a 475 to 520 caravan at short notice when travelling Le Shuttle and there was no problem. Because of the barriers between the carriages you are unlikely to be so tightly packed that it will make any difference to how many vehicles they can load.

Nobody has ever come near me with a tape measure so unless they have good sight for a measurement how will they know

Our 'van was checked by the Brittany Ferries reception lady at Portsmouth in December. They have a wheel along gadget that enables them to do it very quickly.

Ern

We were measured for length with a tape measure going to France in August 2013 at Portsmouth with Brittany ferries and on our return we were measured for height with a pole again with Brittany ferries.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Unlike Snooks we've never been asked for dimensions when booking the shuttle :rolleyes:

Unlike Snooks we've never been asked for dimensions when booking the shuttle :rolleyes:

Depends who you book with? Book Eurotunnel direct no dimensions are required except height.

Not even the height, only that you're towing a caravan.

I was measured both ways by Brittany Ferries, with a wheel measure, in Portsmouth and Santander.

Coachman Amara 500/5 pulled by Rover75 Diesel Auto.

I was measured this year at Portsmouth and I was more than I had put on the booking, they said I had to put down the shipping length and that included the A frame, they told me to measure it properly next time, and let me through

I've never bothered to advise of a vehicle change although it has usually been the same length, although the reg plate had changed (motorhome)

I dont recall seeing anyone measuring anything either.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

i'll let them know, the wife would kill me if we couldn't cross - in either direction!!! no doubt there will be a healthy admin charge to pay :(

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Never given dimensions when booking the tunnel and changed the car reg lots. No charge and no problem.

I thought the anpr read your reg when you entered the tunnel place?

ANPR is at the tunnel to aid with check in. I never had to give the van details when I booked a few weeks ago for this May.

2013 Sprite Major 4FB Excellence (Dealer Special)
2005 Nissan Pathfinder T-Spec