Shaw Hall Farm Ormskirk

Honk

We wanted a quick getaway and this site is just over an hour away from Stockport. It is a 10 minute drive from Southport and set in the small village of Scarisbrick.

On entering the site, the first impressions count and this was not displeasing. A large camping field to the left along with a small bowling or pitching (golf) field. There is a large car park to the right and an arrivals bay to the left. The arrivals bay would fit one unit and as the access road is narrow it would be difficult in busy periods.

A short walk to reception and the friendly staff gave a good welcome and the info for the site well explained. It is open 52 weeks and has plenty of statics of varying age along with around 40 pitches for tourers.

The access is one way up and back down the narrow site roads and this can be a difficult time during peak season. Getting on to your pitch is a tight squeeze if your neighbours have their car parked. The pitch sizes are adequate and all are hard standing with an astro turf side and a further grass pitch which will be a bonus in the warmer months. Electric, water, TV and grey waste are in a good location too.

On site there is a small shop for essential items and at a reasonable price too, a club house serves a well stocked bar and a newly refurbished restaurant area serves good food and a decent choice. There is a larger function room that was closed until the season picks up but again looked clean and welcoming.

post-60969-0-46202100-1394302894_thumb.jpg

There is a well kept and clean toilet / shower block but feel in peak season it will be busy.

post-60969-0-41276000-1394303176_thumb.jpg

Overall it is a very nice site, with friendly staff and pleasant surroundings. It ticks plenty of boxes for us and is a site I would contemplate as a seasonal.

Honk.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

Hi Honk, think i have no chance of me getting my bus & caravan on those pitches if it was busy .

Enjoy your stay .

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

Hi Ste, the pitch sizes are OK but you can't reverse on if the neighbour has his car parked there, in the pic above my car is the Mondeo which sits at the front corner of next doors van.

I just dropped the van and used the mover 'cos I'm lazy but a quick push would be easy for the able bodied. I think your wonder truck would struggle to fit in the parking space though?

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Used to spend many weeks here some 45years ago. Even used my inflatable boat on the canal. It has certainly changed over the years - and not for the better. Rather pitch on Asda car park.