Three One Plan Unlimited Data And Tethering

just signed up to this today was told that very soon this is changing to a 2 gig limit

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

Did you get it for £15 per month?

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

no its £20 a month sim only .

Edited by Lozsing

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

I wish I knew about it going up early feb but I was hanging on because my old contract doesn't run out till 1st may .

was on Vodafone but was getting rubbish 3g, I have 3 myfi but that went up to £20 for 3 months 3 gig, so thought I would try combining both phone and internet . Its only 12 month so its not the end of the world if I doesn't work out, couldn't be worst than what I was getting.

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

just signed up to this today was told that very soon this is changing to a 2 gig limit

Rumoured to be new contracts and 4G users that are affected. Plenty of "info" turns up on a search. .......

If true, that's a blow. I'm on this package (mine was for £18 per month rolling contract, SIM only) whilst here in Hope Valley.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up to this plan mid February, just missing out on the £15 price too :-(

I was also told about the 2gb limit coming into force soon, but as I've already signed up to unlimited I would keep that allowance while ever I'm on that plan.

Good job really, daughters ipad has been eating 2gb a day whilst we've been away. The tethering works a treat :-)

Phil.

£14 per month 12 month contract unlimited data

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"

I just signed up for a monthly rolling plan with 3 at Tescos. It costs £12. 90 per month and includes unlimited broadband and 300 mins calls and 5000 texts. It works really well in my Asus fonepad which is a 7" Tab and has a built in phone. I can use it to provide a mifi system as well.

I used my 'one plan' sim in my mifi device and it worked fine for a month then stopped working. Called their technical support and they said they have phone sims and mifi sims and your not supposed to be able to cross-use them. Anyway, they wouldn't 'fix' what i saw as a fault for this reason; functioning per design, they said. Hope it works for you! :)

Yes tigtag my 7"tab is a phone as well so I can use the 3 card I have without a problem. I had a data card in my MiFi machine.

I used my 'one plan' sim in my mifi device and it worked fine for a month then stopped working. Called their technical support and they said they have phone sims and mifi sims and your not supposed to be able to cross-use them. Anyway, they wouldn't 'fix' what i saw as a fault for this reason; functioning per design, they said. Hope it works for you! :)

Sounds like they were just fobbing you off to me !!!

If it is the case, hopefully I won't be affected as I use my phone as the mobile hotspot :-)

Phil.

Using your phone as a mobile hotspot and using the phone's sim in a data device are two different things.

I have a 3 phone which I use as mobile hotspot when out and about. I also have a 4G dongle with a 3 data sim in it for supplying internet at work (a remote location).

The dongle nearly always gets a faster connection than the phone because Three give data priority to data sims.

I cannot swap the sims. The data sim does not work in the phone and the phone sim does not work in the dongle.

So no, they weren't fobbing him off.

Tony

If it is the case, hopefully I won't be affected as I use my phone as the mobile hotspot :-)

That's actually how I connect now. The mifi device is just connected to my caravan's energy system* and I use the portable hotspot feature of my phone to connect the smartphone and tether my laptop. You should be fine :)

*I needed an Ethernet connection

edit: added clarification.

Edited by tictag

Using your phone as a mobile hotspot and using the phone's sim in a data device are two different things.

I have a 3 phone which I use as mobile hotspot when out and about. I also have a 4G dongle with a 3 data sim in it for supplying internet at work (a remote location).

The dongle nearly always gets a faster connection than the phone because Three give data priority to data sims.

I cannot swap the sims. The data sim does not work in the phone and the phone sim does not work in the dongle.

So no, they weren't fobbing him off.

Tony

You learn something new every day don't you 😀

• 3 weeks later...

Used 6. 3 gb data in first month,

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

As I read it the 2 gig limit is only for new contracts with 3 and those already on unlimited will stay on it. It is a contract thing but because it is a monthly rolling contract they could maybe change it when it suits them. I have just payed this months tariff and it showed £12. 90 and unlimited data,200mins calls and 5000 texts available so it says nothing about 2 gig limit.

Its the one plan with unlimited tethering, tethering being the important bit so i can use internet and stream tv too.

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel