New Leisure Battery £249 !

According to the latest flyer from Riversway, they're offering a new leisure battery for just £249!

And that's not the only amazing thing . .. it's only 20Ah !

Now, it's apparently a lithium battery, so does that affect the Ah rating?

Over to you techies for an explanation.

John

LI1220-new.jpg

Edited by Johnaldo

How much??????????? :huh:

2014 Skoda Superb Estate 4x4 diesel automatic /2001 Swift Charisma 220. Caravaning since 1975 (Monza 1400 CT; Viking Fiberline; Bucaneer Elan 14; Bucaneer Elan 15; Elddis Huracane; Lunar Delta 610/4; Swift Charisma 220) How time flies. I do all the towing.

Johnaldo, I was about to post the exact same thing. Lithium on my phone I understand, but 20Ah leisure batt for £250 I don't get. Are we missing something?

You may be missing your money if you pay riversway

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

That seems a reasonable price if it compares to a 120amp in use.

The cycle times are good as well.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Does it come with a mover!!!!!!!

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

Does it come with a mover!!!!!!!

No, but it comes with its own charger!

Remember what happened to this type of battery in the Boeing 777.

Think I will give it a miss.

Poolebob

Explain please, Poolebob.

John

I think there were reports that Lithium batteries may possibly be causing overheating and fires onboard 777's.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Boeing 787 Dreamliner is the one with Lithium, not the 777, sorry to be pedantic. But yes I would not fancy a lithium leisure battery just yet. Even Lithium battries in laptops have caught fire and Boeing haven't actually been able to stabilise their batteries yet, they've just put them in a sealed metal case and vented it outside the plane. And I'm flying to Thailand on one next month!

Edited by SamP

<p>2007 Sterling Cruach Cuillin & 2016 Volvo XC60 SE D4 190

. .... be careful . ... what you say about Boeing 777's . .....

. ... there is one from Malaysia Airways missing over the South China Seas . .... currently . ....

Fingers crossed . ....

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Is this a replacement for a leisure battery? or is it designed for a mover, as looking at the pics of it installed, it looks like its connected to the mover controls, and not in place of the std battery in the battery box.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

20Ah is going to be too small for serious leisure battery use.

That said, lithium batteries are widely used for power tools and have the advantage of being able to be run to completely flat wih no ill effect.

Also they maintain a constant voltage until just about flat.

Of course in caravan usage the voltmeter would be all but useless as a charge indicator for this very reason.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

20AH is capacity to delivery electrical energy. Whilst it may very be 70% lighter, have a stable voltage level and will likely be able to be re-charged faster and many times more than a lead-acid battery could be. ....but with all that said, it's still only going to power a water pump for four hours or a 35W TV for six before it's completely flat!

Victron do 200AH Li-ion batteries going for a steal at only £2,313 each! I've already got a value-saver pack of 12 on it's way. ...

Edit: edited for clarity.

Edited by tictag