Shipping Caravanstore Zip Canopy And 'privacy Room'

Disco Kid

I have a caravanstore zip canopy and another with the sidewalls I shall be offering for sale . .

they are worth very little if offered as buyer collect . .

Trouble is finding an economical shipper for such large items isn't easy . .

Has anyone found one they would recommend?

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Paisley Freight delivered ours from Crewe area down to Shepperton/Sunbury on Thames way for circa £50. Most others wouldn't handle the length of package. Mind it wasn't Paisley Freight themselves that moved it, they were just agents/facilitators. You book via their website.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Got a price today from DPD to ship our 22kg Kampa porch awning within the UK - £23. 05 IIRC on a 2-day service.

Their prices take some finding on the web site but if you go to this link http://www. dpd. co. uk/content/product-services/uk_services. jsp and download the pdf tariff guide at the bottom of the page, it gives you some idea of services and charges.

DPD were by far the cheapest I could find for consignments of >15kg, even after using comparison sites.

HTH.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Don't know how practical it might be, but when i needed to transport a bulky item from Shropshire to Norfolk, I asked on this forum if anyone from that area was 'heading my way' with their caravan in the near future. Luckily, a member was coming to a campsite in Norfolk a week later. I met them in a layby on their route to their site . ...job done.

Replies noted . . as SDA says, "Length is the problem" (Size does matter!)

Will investigate further with a view to selling around Easter.

Don't know how practical it might be, but when i needed to transport a bulky item from Shropshire to Norfolk, I asked on this forum if anyone from that area was 'heading my way' with their caravan in the near future. Luckily, a member was coming to a campsite in Norfolk a week later. I met them in a layby on their route to their site . ...job done.

A classic bike forum I use regularly has "relay" requests and offers for (bits of) old bikes and it seems to work well. Although for something like this a fair amount of storage is needed.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Ask your local dealer who delivers them to their place??

Otherwise 'buyer collects' perhaps?

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I guess there wouldn't be a problem asking if anyone on CT was passing nearby and then making a suitable 'arrangement', if someone is willing to help

Just found 'Parcelmonkey'

If their auto-quote is correct (waiting for confirmation) they can do Next Day for a 3 metre Fiamma Zip for under £20.

If confirmed, I'll go with that . . may even offer 'Post Free' for the Canopy only . . still to price the complete job.

Edited by old hand

Take care with that quote OH.

When I was sorting mine out it had to be two items one for £39. 24 and one for £13. 99. I can't exactly remember but I think the actual awning was the higher amount because of its length and the bag with the poles and sides/front was the £14.

I don't recall whether distance made any difference but you'd need to check before you advertise, just in case you find you've under estimated when you eventually get a sale.

I must be a soft touch because when I purchased a used awning I ended up arranging courier collection and when I sold a different awning I ended up arranging courier collection etc. Doh!

We used interparcel (the act as agents and can carry up to 3m.) We sent a 3m zip with sides and front. The bag was 3. 1m but the ends were floppy so we wrapped in polythene and taped up the ends. The sides and front were in a second package. I think it cost £20 about 3 years ago.

Regards

Simon

Simon & Michelle + Logan the spaniel, 2016 Sterling Elite 480, 2015 Volvo V70 D4 SE Lux auto, Devon

Just found 'Parcelmonkey'

I have used them for large paintings and they use whoever they think can do best. ..so I think they sent Yodel in once and Parcelforce another. ..BUT they charge less than either of those on tariff. .....would use them again.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Old hand, you don't show where you live and unless a remote place you might find "collect only" will work. I have sold two 4. 4 caravanstore zips in the last few years on ebay without issue. Got the price I had hoped for and collected without issue. I find the important part is the listing, plenty of detail and pictures showing all the defects and blemishes as well as ones with the awning pitched. Precious to that I sold a 3. 6 canopy also without problem and a good price. I always start at 99p and never use a reserve. It works for me.

I have used parcel2go. com several times and found them one of the cheapest.

There is a website a bit like Ebay - I have forgot the name of it but I have used it in the past. You advertise what you have to transport and someone will bid to do it.

I bid to transport a mattress to Tilbury as I was en route to Dover in the motorhome and earned £40. I also transported a table lamp to Sheffield for a fiver!

It's something van. co. uk etc. Google will find it I i cant find the link

I have found www. anyvan. com but that is not the one I am thinking of.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

There is a website a bit like Ebay - I have forgot the name of it but I have used it in the past. You advertise what you have to transport and someone will bid to do it.

I bid to transport a mattress to Tilbury as I was en route to Dover in the motorhome and earned £40. I also transported a table lamp to Sheffield for a fiver!

It's something van. co. uk etc. Google will find it I i cant find the link

I have found www. anyvan. com but that is not the one I am thinking of.

Russell

That would appear to open a whole can of worms regarding your car insurance and driving for hire and reward!