Bobby Dazzler And Auto Glym

Hi folks maybe a daft question but tomorrow I want to wash the caravan and then give it a coat of polish after but if you wash the van first with fenwicks and then go over it with bobby dazzler and then polish it with auto glym is the polish just going to remove the film of bobby dazzler? Am I thinking correctly or is their a better sequence to applying these products to get the best results or is this fine, also ive tried t-cut to try and remove window scratches but not having much luck, thanks in advance on any replies, Andy.

If you put autoglym on you do not need the bobby dazzler.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Chuck the T-Cut it is so outdated pap. Farecla, 3m, Concept, Autoglym all better products.

For plastic polishing I use G3 then G10 then a plastic polish if needed, well in honesty I use abrasives from 240 grit upward but I would not recommend that to you or anyone else not experienced with them.

Why not a good wash then apply a paint sealant rather than a wax, it will last a lot longer, you can buy Supaguard sponge that some poor person paid £400 off of Ebay for a £10 note.

Just autoglym is all you need. Put the t cut in the bin!

Washed mine yesterday using Fenwick's cleaner and washed off with bobby dazzler. Come up an absolute treat for a 13 year old van, they are great products. I won't be polishing it now over the top as according to Fenwick's video over time the bobby dazzler builds up a film like polish. .....and its a lot easier than polishing. Have fun.

SteveMLewis

Usually drinking cider somewhere B)

Overkill I think. I'd give it a good wash with a good quality shampoo, I use autoglyms own, then polish it up with autoglym super resin polish.

Anton

Anton

I think that whatever products you use, it is usually best not to mix those from different ranges. ie start with Fenwicks, stick with Fenwicks; start with Autoglym, stick with Autoglym.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Bobby dazzler is nothing like polish. You don't see Aston Martin pouring it over their cars and saying it will build up over time. .

I use Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner, (yes you can use it on caravans) and it brings the van up a treat.

It works even better, if after washing the van you use Autoglym super resin polish. I did this to my old van and only polished it once and 6 years later just before I bought the new van, it was still beading water as if it was just polished.

I haven't had time to polish the new van yet, but at long last it looks as if the weather is going to improve so I might do it before our first trip away, but after washing the van with this product I wonder if it's worth doing it when it shines as it does.

Apparently the bodywork shampoo doesn't strip the polish that has been applied. I can certainly vouch for that and are the only products I use now.

I made the mistake when my van was new of using Bobby dazzler on it instead of autoglym. If I had spent the time earlier putting polish on it would look better now 11 years on.

Bill

I use Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner, (yes you can use it on caravans) and it brings the van up a treat.

It works even better, if after washing the van you use Autoglym super resin polish. I did this to my old van and only polished it once and 6 years later just before I bought the new van, it was still beading water as if it was just polished.

I haven't had time to polish the new van yet, but at long last it looks as if the weather is going to improve so I might do it before our first trip away, but after washing the van with this product I wonder if it's worth doing it when it shines as it does.

Apparently the bodywork shampoo doesn't strip the polish that has been applied. I can certainly vouch for that and are the only products I use now.

Same here and I use Autoglym colour restorer for polishing up the front and rear plastic ends and their glass cleaner.

I found the colour restorer good for window scratches as it's a fine compound.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Washed mine yesterday using Fenwick's cleaner and washed off with bobby dazzler. Come up an absolute treat for a 13 year old van, they are great products. I won't be polishing it now over the top as according to Fenwick's video over time the bobby dazzler builds up a film like polish. .....and its a lot easier than polishing. Have fun.

Similar here. Lovely day today so I tackled the van which has been standing the winter coated with Fenwicks Over Wintering. Looked sad and a bit of a mess really. As you say, Fenwicks cleaner and Bobby Dazzler have brought it up a treat. I spent a bit of time in the nooks and crannies with a soft paintbrush soaked in the cleaner and enjoyed the afternoon. (even cut the grass afterwards :) ) Looking forward to a good summer.

A tip I got from this forum: Use a 5 litre garden pressure spray to apply the cleaner and the Bobby Dazzler. Simple.

Gordon

Nissan Qashqai 1. 6 dCi (130 PS) + Avondale Rialto 390-2

Geemac

Bought a 5litre garden pressure spray and an 8litre to wash off. Great purchases.

Bit too far cutting the grass lol :o

SteveMLewis

Usually drinking cider somewhere B)

If you put autoglym on you do not need the bobby dazzler.

Hi bill, I think you will find it 's the other way round. Cheers Rogertwo

I made the mistake when my van was new of using Bobby dazzler on it instead of autoglym. If I had spent the time earlier putting polish on it would look better now 11 years on.

Hi, it wasn't a mistake you saved loads of money and had more time to go caravanning, cheers

Hi, it wasn't a mistake you saved loads of money and had more time to go caravanning, cheers

If I had used autoglym from day 1 I would not have had the mess I eventually had that I had to spend the best part of £300 for tourershine to come out and rectify for me.

Bill

Bobby dazzler is nothing like polish. You don't see Aston Martin pouring it over their cars and saying it will build up over time. .

Hi, quite right -----I have never seen any Aston Martin owners caravanning or washing there cars. And where have you seen on any Fenwicks labels the word polish----- it's not a polish or a wax, there is a difference.

• 3 months later...

Sealants are the thing now. ....uv protection.

I have a Mercedes 220 CDI AMG SPORT and following closely behind is a sterling 564 Sport 2012, I live in France and spend loads and loads of time in campsites.

+1

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I use Auto Glym caravan cleaner as that is what it's made for.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.